27. #16 Brandon Sutter (Vancouver Canucks)

You are at home, spending another night on your own. It's been a few months since you've broken up with your ex boyfriend, who was actually nice, but his over-possessiveness was getting on your nerves. When you were out, he never let you out of sight and never let you go out with your friends.
Speaking of friends, you remember you haven't seen or heard of your best friend for a while, so you decide to call her.
"Hello?"
"Y/BF/N, it's me, Y/N."
"Oh, hi. How are you? Haven't heard of you for a while," she sounds distant, like she is not really in the mood to talk to you. Well, you haven't even called or texted her for a while...
"Quite okay. How are you?"
"Great actually. I have a boyfriend."
She sounds really happy and in love, but your heart sinks a bit. You haven't heard from her for so long you didn't even know she had had a crush.
"I-I am so happy for you.  How long have you been together?"
"Two months. But that's not why you are calling me, right?"
"I wanted to check on you."
"Y/N, you could've done that a bit earlier."
"Okay, okay, I wanted to also know if you want to hang out."
She answers hesitantly: "Well, I am going out with Lindsey and Anna... Would you like to join us?"
Lindsey and Anna? How did your best friend start hanging out with them? They were the worst case of sluts at your school and lived from humiliating you and your best friend. Clearly, you never got along with them... and now she is hanging out with them?
"Hello, Y/N, are you still there?"
"Uh? Yeah, sure. I zoned out a bit."
"Nothing new," she chuckles and continues: "So, are you joining us?"
Few moments pass in silence, before you answer: "Yeah. Thanks for inviting me..."
"It's gonna be great hanging out with you again just like we used to!"
"Can't wait to see you either."

Thirty-five minutes later you are waiting for Y/BF/N to show up in a company of her new friends... and you still can't believe she is hanging out with them now.
"Y/N!" you hear Y/BF/N call your name a bit too loud for a sober person. You turn around in the direction of her voice. When you see her structure leaning on two tipsy-looking girls in miniskirts, you realize they are all far from sober.
"Haven't seen you in awhile," she slurs when she throws her arms around your neck. Not knowing what to say or do, you awkwardly pat her back and gently remove her arms from around your neck.
"Let's get you in, okay. Can you two take her, please?" you turn to her new friends.
"Why us?"
"Because you two brought her here like that. Now get her in club and finish your job at least once."
With those words you trot in a club, leaving them behind. As soon as you take your seat behind bar, young barman appears and flashes you a smile: " What can I get you?"
"Hmmm... five shots of tequila, please," you sigh and put money on a counter.
"Rough week, eh?" asks bartender while he's pouring drink in glasses in front of you.
"We could say so," you mumble when you turn around and see your best friend doing exactly the same thing like Anna and Lindsey - making out with some random dude in the middle of the dance floor. He follows your gaze and his eyes lose the spark : "She's a regular. Nearly screws every guy each night before she goes with one, sometimes two."
"I can't even recognize her anymore. I mean, she has a boyfriend..."
"I know."
You look back at him and see how he's looking at her: "Wait. Are you..."
"Yeah. But she wasn't like that when we met."
"But... if you see what is she like... why are you still with her? I mean, she is cheating on you right in front of your nose."
"Because I know that's not really her. And when she's with me, I feel like there is no one else. Those two girls ruined her," he points at Lindsey and Anna. You roll your eyes.
"And I love her," he continues. Sudden hatred for who your friend has became flashes through your heart. How come she doesn't realize what a wonderful boyfriend she has?
"I will talk some sense in her tomorrow."
"No, it's okay ... May I help you, sir?" he asks someone who sits down next to you.
"One beer on tap, please," voice says. You turn around against your will. His voice is one of the most attractive things you've ever heard. Speaking of attractive...something on him makes your heart skip a bit.
"Hello there," he smiles shyly when he notices you staring at him. Pink blush creeps on your cheeks when you answer: "Hi."
"Haven't seen you here yet...are you new?"
"What do you mean by new?"
"New in town. You clearly are not a regular."
"Oh. No, no, I've been living in Vancouver for nearly my entire life. It's just, I don't go out often. My name is Y/N, by the way. And you are?"
He flashes you a wide grin: "Brandon Sutter."
"Sutter... are you somehow related to Darryl Sutter?"
"He's my uncle," he looks down at his drink and blushes slightly. You notice how ridiculously cute he is when he's blushing.
"So... you like hockey?"
"I used to watch it with my ex-boyfriend. He is a diehard Kings' fan that's how I've heard of Darryl Sutter. "
"Really? You dated a guy from Vancouver who is cheering for LA?"
"He's a native Californian. He's been living here for about five years."
"That's quite interesting. So, back to hockey, did you find it interesting?"
"Well... we could say so. What about you? Do you like it?"
"I actually play for Vancouver. So, yeah, I like it actually. But I can't believe you live in Vancouver but..."
"I cheer for Vancouver, but I really don't know all the players."
"Well, I actually got traded from Pittsburgh. So I am kinda new here."
"Welcome to Vancouver then," you chuckle and take another shot of tequila.
"Thank you. Uh, can I buy you a drink?" he points at your empty shot glasses. You look at him and smile: "Yeah. But the next round is on me."

Thirty minutes later and countless tequila shots, you are both quite wasted. Your vision is blurry and your brain can't function properly anymore. You are sitting in Brandon's lap, your hands wrapped around his neck. His hands are all over you and he is biting your ear. You throw your head back when his lips move from your ear to your neck. He starts sucking soft skin of your neck and you can't help yourself but wanting to feel his lips on yours. You pull his head away from your neck and attach your lips to his. He groans and starts kissing you back passionately.
"My place," he slurs between kisses and you giggle in response. Few moments later you feel yourself being lifted and carried out of the club, away from the loud music which is starting to make your ears bleed.

The next morning you wake up with unbearable and thumping headache. You feel blankets touch your bare skin and you peek under them just to make sure your feelings are not lying to you. Yep, you are not wearing clothes and this is certainly not your bedroom.
"Oh god," you groan and bury your head in a soft pillow. When you hear turning of the door knob, you jump up, still covering yourself with a blanket, and see a man, wrapped only in a towel. At first he doesn't realize you are awake, but when he sees you, he stops and grin: "Good morning."
"Morning? I- Uh, sorry, I don't tolerate alcohol very well as you can see. Where am I?"
"My apartment. Near Rogers Arena, Canucks' home arena. We were both pretty wasted last night."
"Did anything happen?"
By the way he grins, you realize a lot has happened.
"Did...we like sleep together?"
"Yeah, we did," he grins lightly.
"Oh my god. I-I have to go," you quickly jump of the bed, completely ignoring the fact you are still naked, and start piling up your clothes. Ten minutes later you run through his door with only one thought on your mind; how would you like to spend another night with him.
No matter how much you loved being with him or how attractive he was, you have never been like that. You are a kind of girl who believes in a long-term relationship and has never slept with anyone for one night. No matter how good it felt, that was not who you are.

Few days later pictures of your night with Brandon are coming back to your head. You remember from your friends' stories how one night stands never mean anything and usually forgettable, but you simply can't shake Brandon Sutter out of your head, how his fingers felt on your skin or how right his lips felt on yours. You may meant only an entertainment for a night to him, but you can feel yourself falling in love with this man you've met in a club and spend a night with. A sadness fills your heart when you realize you'll probably never see him again. After all, Vancouver is anything but a small city. And he's a hockey player, playing in the best hockey league in the world. He could get any girl he desires. Even if you show up on his door, he'll probably not even remember you.
You are getting ready for a lunch with your best friend who you haven't heard from since you left her in a club, when someone rings a bell. Not expecting anyone, you open the door a bit hesitantly. And standing on your door stand is the last person you've ever expected to see.
"Brandon?"
"Hi, Y/N. I-I wanted to see you. I wanted to talk to you two days ago, wanted to make sure you were alright, but you just disappeared."
"How did you know where I live? And sorry I just left, I-I had to think about everything that happened."
"Well, you told me. At least that's one of the last things I remember from the bar. Are you okay now?"
"Yeah, thanks for your concern. Uh..."
"And you must know I am not a type of guy who would take advantage of a girl, sleep with her and leave her. I am sorry it took me for days to find you, but I think..."
"It's okay if you don't want to see me ever again," you say, but your voice breaks a bit.
"That's not what I wanted to tell you. I can't get you out of my head. But I guess I am a bit too late," he continues when he notices your casual-elegant clothes.
"Going on a date?"
"What? No. No, no, not at all. I am...going nowhere actually."
Your friend can wait. I mean, how many professional athletes would show up on ordinary girl's door stand and tell her she means more to him just an one night stand. Not many, that's for sure. And, let's be honest, every girl wants to have a boyfriend who worries about her.

For WaitNSee123 , I hope you like it. :)