30. #21 Derek Stepan (NY Rangers)

It was just before Christmas when you visited your boyfriend, Derek Stepan, in New York. You being a small town girl, never been in a big city, were impressed by the size of the buildings, mass of people and sounds of a big city. Even the Penn station where Derek was waiting for you, surprised you.

As soon as you stepped off the train, strong arms pulled you against muscular chest. Warm voice whispered in your hair: "God, I missed you, Y/N. Welcome to New York."
You looked up and saw to you the most beautiful face on this planet. You lifted your chin, stepped on tiptoes and shyly kissed Derek: "I missed you too."
"I missed you more, baby."
"No, you didn't. I missed you the most."
"You certainly did not!" he laughed and pecked tip of your nose.
"Come on, let's get out of here."
On your way out you were stopped by several fans, asking Derek for autographs and photos. Few girls approached you and complimented your outfit, your purse, even your hair color, but you knew they were being nice because you were there with Derek. Those could even be the same girls who were sending you death threats on your Twitter account.
Being slowed down by the crowd, it took a while for you two to get out on a New York street.
"Wow," you looked around yourself, freezing on a spot. Derek stopped right beside you, chuckling quietly: "Impressed, uh?"
"That's an understatement. I've seen photos of New York, but this...this is magical."
"Welcome to my world, love."
Hand in hand you headed towards his apartment near Madison Square Garden. While walking, Derek was entertaining you with stories from his locker room and stories of nightlife in New York.
"Listen," he stopped in the middle of the path and turned you around so you were eye to eye.
"Yes?"
"Have you ever been Christmas shopping in New York?"
"I've never been in NY, Derek, and you know it."
"Not really NY, but any other big city..."
"Nope. But I've been dreaming of it for a long, long time."
"It'd be a shame if you didn't go shopping in a big city."
"Are you taking me shopping?"
"Maybe I'm gonna regret it, but yeah, we'll go shopping."
You attacked him with a bear hug:" Thank you, thank you, thank you, you are the best boyfriend in the entire world!"
"Just because I am taking you shopping?"
"No, because you are everything I could ever wish for," you nuzzled your head in his chest. He chuckled quietly and wrapped his arms around your tiny structure.
"Let's get off this cold, shall we?"
"Let's do that."

He took you to his apartment, where the only thing you did was cuddling under warm and cozy blankets of his king size bed.
"I am glad you are here, baby."
"Me too. I've been wanting to visit you for ages."
"Why didn't you then?"
"I had to study for my exams... but I passed them all with flying colors."
"Congratulations, babe! I am so proud of you," he kissed you. You kissed him back, deepening the kiss. His hands tangled in your hair as he pulled you even closer to him. In the most inappropriate moment, Derek's phone rang.
"Shit. What's wrong now?" he pulled away and grabbed his phone.
"Zucc? No, you are not interrupting... yeah, I've just picked her up... You are right, I will ask her. See you later, man."
"It was Zucc. Remember, I told you about him, my team mate."
"Yeah, I remember. What's wrong?"
"He just asked me whether I've already picked you up. And he said I should invite you to my game in the evening."
"You didn't plan to invite me on your game?"
"I wanted to surprise you, but I guess it's not gonna happen. So... you wanna go with me to my game?"
"I'd love to go."
"My perfect girl," he chuckled and pulled you closer to him. You buried your head in crook of his neck, inhaling familiar scent of a man you proudly called yours.

Two hours later you woke up from the nap, still curved against Derek's chest.
"Morning, beautiful," he whispered and kissed you on a forehead.
"How long have I been asleep?"
"Two hours. And, if you wanna go shopping, you better hurry up, I'll have to leave for practice soon."
"I'll be ready in five!" you shot up from bed and grabbed your clothes. Ten minutes later you were ready to go, ready to hit the stores.
"Derek! I am ready!"
He walked from his bedroom, his hockey bag hanging on his shoulder: "We have to go to MSG first, so I can put away my bag, okay?"
"Okay. Will I get to see Rangers' locker room?"
"You'll get a glimpse of it, okay, babe?"
"Can't wait," you squealed in excitement and threw your arms around his neck. He chuckled against your skin and put you down, gently patting your back.
"Let's go now."
His strong hand covered yours and your hand nearly got lost in his. While walking, you were listening to him when he was describing you buildings, how magical the Rockefeller Center is with its giant Christmas tree and how Christmas brings some kind of fairytale-like feeling in New York. Your gaze followed his pointing finger and from time to time you looked up at him, wondering how a man who fights on the ice could be the gentlest man you had ever known when with you.
He noticed your gaze and chuckled: "What's wrong?"
Blushing, you answered: "Nothing. Just thinking how lucky I must be to be with you."
"Oh, shut up," he grinned and kissed your lips. He led you to a warm store, full of beautiful clothes you had never seen in your life.
"Did I die and arrive to heaven?"
"Welcome to Juicy Couture," tall and skin blonde approached you, grinning widely.
"My name is Jennifer and I will be your assistant today. How may I help you?"
"We'd like to buy some clothes. Can you please show us your latest collection?"
"Of course! Follow me, please."
She walked away, but you stopped Derek: "Derek, but the latest collections are the most expensive...I don't want you to spend too much money for me..."
"Only the best for you," he didn't let you convince him otherwise and gave you no other option but to follow Jennifer.
"So, what are you normally wearing?" Jennifer smiled politely and sat down next to you and Derek.
"Well... she'd say she is wearing casual clothes... but I am trying to tell her she is wearing clothes that hide her wonderful curves."
"I am wearing comfy clothes, Derek," you corrected him.
"Can you please tell her she has amazing body?"
Jennifer looked up and down at you and confirmed Derek's words: "You really shouldn't wear baggy clothes. I'll be right back with your clothes."
Ten minutes later a rack full of clothes was in front of your dressing room and Derek was sitting on a soft bench. First few combinations he was paying attention, but after thirty minutes he got a bit bored.
You peeked out, wearing deep blue sleeveless dress that reached your mid-thighs and quietly called his name. He looked up from his phone and his jaw opened widely.
"How do I look?" you asked and spun around. His reaction was priceless- glimmering eyes and he couldn't even close his mouth.
"Uh, amazing. You look stunning, baby."
"Thank you very much," you bowed, smiling lightly.
"Anytime. Babe, can we go now? I have a practice..."
"Just one more dress? Pleaseeeee?"
"This one is perfect. It's you."
"Just one more. Please, please, please?"
He sighed deeply, but nodded his head: "Make it quick, please."
You went back to your dressing room, hopped out of your dress and pulled another dress off the hanger. It was black with red and pink stripes, hugging your hips and reaching your knees. First thing that crossed your mind was how much Derek would love it.
"Derek!" you strolled out of the dressing room and posed a bit for him. His entire face lit up and he approvingly lifted his thumbs: "You look amazing, baby. This dress is even better than the previous one. But can we go now, please?"
"I think we can... wait, can I buy-"
"No! Enough shopping for one day I am begging you."
"I was joking. Yes, I am done."
You grabbed a whole bunch of clothes and headed to the cashier.
"By the way, I am paying."
"I can't let you pay for everything..."
"I insist. I am certainty paying."
You stepped on your tiptoes and kissed him. He kissed you back, his warm lips connecting with yours and his arms snaking around your waist.
"Those clothes will be worth every single penny. But you better wear them, otherwise I will bring them back."
"Sir, yes, sir," you mumbled in his lips and felt his lips curve into a smile.

Later that evening, before his game, you took out all of the clothes and realized Derek was the only one for you. You couldn't name five men who would spend more than two hours shopping for clothes with their girlfriends without wanting to put a bullet through their skulls.

For emm802 ,hope you'll like it:)