Part 40

Riley and Mary walk downstairs and notice the piano. They smile and quickly, but carefully, walk over to it. Riley slips off her shoes and sits on the bench. "Do you know how to play?" Mary asks. 

"Yeah. My grandfather taught me when I was young." Riley slides her fingers over the keys. 

"Can you play a song for me? I never learned how to play." Mary sits next to Riley. 

"Sure. What song?" 

"Lady Antebellum's need you now."

"I dont think theres a lot of piano in that song. Its the same few cords." Riley lightly presses on the keys.

"What about Just a kiss?" 

"Sure." Riley clears her voice as Mary looks over to the dining room and spots Jace and John. She nods them over as Riley starts palying. "Do I have to sing?" 

"I would love to hear you sing. I know you have a great voice." 

Riley keeps her eyes on the keys and smiles. Starts the song all over from the beginning. John walks over, Jace staying in the dining room, at the end of the song John smiles and claps. Riley's head snaps up and her face turns red. "How long have  you been there?" Riley asks. 

"Just a minute or a few seconds. I was in the dining room though." HE points behind him, Riley follows his finger and locks eyes with Jace. "Oh. Ok." Riley slides the cover over the keys and gets up. 

"Thank you for playing for me. I loved it." Mary smiles. 

"Uh yeah. No problem."She nods and smiles back at Mary. 

She slips he shoes back on and walks to the front door. "Riley what are-" Riley puts her hand up, cutting John off and walks out side. She walks to the side of the house and stops. She looks at the lonely swing set and sighs. She walks over and sits on the swing. She lifts her feet a little and lets the wind move her slightly.