Part 15

After dinner, Jace brought Riley and got ice cream. When they got home Mary was in the living room with Lilly and Aubrey. Aubrey laying on her floor toy with a soft hoop hanging over her, she's giggling and waving her arms and legs around. Lilly is laying next to Aubrey moving the little toys. Mary is sitting on the couch reading a magazine. Riley puts her purse and the bags down on the floor and walks over to Lily and Aubrey, she rolls over on her belly and sits up. "Hello, Little Bear." Aubrey sticks her hand out and moves her fingers to say hello. "Was she ok?" Riley asks Mary. 

"Oh, she was great. Quietest baby ever really." 

"Yeah, I guess I got lucky. But I'm going to take her since she goes home tomorrow afternoon."

"Alright." 

"I'll help bring the bags up." 

Riley picks Aubrey up and grabs her purse and the toy. She smiles at Jace. "Thank you." 

Riley walks up the stairs in front of Jace, in to the hallway of their rooms. Riley pushes her door open with her foot and freezes. Jace stops right behind. "What the hell happened?" 

Riley calls her father and Mary upstairs and when they get up there Mary gets pissed off. Riley checks Aubrey's bed and sets her in it. Mary and Riley sit on the bed while Jace and her father pick up photos and papers off the floor and set them between Riley and her step-mom. Riley looks through the ripped photo's and bites her lip. "Who the hell would do this?" She asks. Mary looks around the room and then at her husband and Jace. 

Riley's dad sits next to her and lightly rubs her back. "We'll figure it out." 

"These are all I have.. All I have are my clothes and Aubrey's photos." Riley starts crying, quietly. 

Jace picks up the blankets and puts them in the hamper. He puts her pillows back on her bed and fixes the pillow cusians for the bay windows. He pick up the ripped curtains and puts them by the door. May gets off the bed and opens the closet. All of Riley's clothes were torn and cut and stained. "We'll go shopping tomorrow after the children leave." 

Riley nods and get Aubrey from her crib. "I think we'll be having an early night tonight." 

"Are you sure? Its only 8." Her dad asks. (I cant remember if I gave him a name..) 

"Yeah. Plus its her bed time." 

"Ill get the extra blankets from my room so you have something to sleep under." 

"She has no clothes what so ever, could she borrow a shirt to sleep in?" Mary asks. 

"That'll be fine. Ill be back in a minute." Jace leaves while Mary grabs he shopping bags. She find pajama's from one bag and takes Aubrey to change her. 

-----

Let me know what you think!