Part 9

"Do you have the gas money?" Jake asks as he places two bags down.

"Yeah." I look at him then the heavy bags in my hands. "Oh.. Its in my back pocket.."

"Well I will get it since I already um..Yeah." He laughs a little. "I can get it."

I turn around. "Back left pocket." He walks up behind me and sticks his fingers in my pocket and pulls out the twenty from my wallet.

"Thanks." He walks over to Aubrey and kisses her head. "Bye bye baby girl, Ill see you in two weeks."

"Thanks Jake." I lean over and kiss his cheek.

"No problem. See you later." He walks to his driver side seat and gets in. My dad grabs the two bags. He turns his car on and waves before he pulls out of the driveway.

As we walk into the house and my dad turns to me. "I haven't seen him since you two were little kids and best friends."

I put the box down and shrug. "I guess some things change, huh?"

"They sure do, you were also taller then him if i remember correctly."

"Yeah. He got taller four or so years ago."

"He looks like he's doing good, im glad." I grab the box and walk upstairs.

----Mays POV

I look up from the baby and walk up to my husband and hit his arm as she walks upstairs. "Ow! what was that for?" He rubs his arm.

"Cant you tell she's still hurting?"

"It's been a year since they split."

I glare at him. "They love or loved each other and have a kid together. They have history."

-------

Thank for the small fix idea! 

It definitely reads better!