part 10

-The Next Morning-

-Riley's P.O.V-

Aubrey woke up early, which means I was up early, 5am early. Around 7 I bring Aubrey downstairs with her baby blanket and sippy. My father, Jace, Ally, Lilly and Mary are up. Mary helping her daughters pack for their trip. Her two sons, Alex who is 12 and Logan who is 11 are still sleeping. Lilly squeals when she see's Aubrey and I walk into the sitting room. "Good morning Lilly." I smile and sit in the chair across from Jace, who is on his laptop. 

"We're getting ready for tomorrow." She smiles and pats Aubrey's head. "Why is she so small?" 

I look over at Mary. She clears her throat. "Well.. Lilly, she was born a month early. If she was born on time she would be ten months old and not eleven." 

"Oh. Were we born early?" She asks, turning to her mom. 

"No dear. Everyone but Ally were born on time. I had Ally a week later than planned." 

"Ooooh." She smiles and kisses Aubrey's head.

"She was in the hospital for three weeks. Sadly Im still paying off the bills but its all worth it."

"Your father and I can help you pay them off." Mary smiles as she folds Lilly's shirts.

"Oh n-" 

"Mom. She chose to have a kid, she can pay it off herself. Don't help her." Ally blurts.

"Alison mind yourself." Mary glares at her daughter.

"Tell me something Alison. What have I ever done to you to make you hate me for no reason? Is it because Im older?" I ask, moving the giggling Aubrey on my knee and lightly bounce her.  

"Nope. I just don't like you." She shrugs.

I lock eyes with Alison and smile. "I know why." I smile and look over at Jace. "Hey Jace?" 

"Hm?" He looks away from his laptop. "Whats up?" 

"Could you bring me to to store later on? I want to pick up some stuff for Aubrey." I ask. 

He nods before looking back his laptop. "Sure. Let me know when youre ready to go." 

"No.." I look at Alison. "Take your time Love. Im in no hurry." 

Alison slams her metal case shut, making Lilly and Mary jump a bit. "Be careful! that wasn't cheap you know!" 

I smile and turn to Aubrey.  She's still giggling but i slow down the bouncing so she doesnt get sick.