Part 28

(Picture is for point of view purposes only. Its not what she is wearing. Thanks!)

"Miss Riley, do you remember me at all? I used to be your neighbor." An older man across from Riley asks.

Riley takes a good look at him. "You're Shey's father correct? Mr. Thomas Burns. Bank CEO?"

"Yes. Late Shey actually. How are ypu doing? I havent seen you since you were itty bitty."

"Probably when she was seven. You moved around that time." John adds.

"May I ask?"

"She got cancer when she was 16. She passed this last summer." Mr Burns informs. Riley sets down her chop sticks and clears her throat. "She remembered you a lot. 'Remember R? She was so nice' and  'she was so nice to be around'   and 'I hope she's doing well, she having a baby.' She was very fond of you."

"I didnt know that. She kept track?"

"Sure did."

Jace looks over at Riley, noticing her usually happy eyes are glossed over. "She was a great friend." Riley mumbles. "I am very sorry for your loss."

"She's with us all the time." He reaches for his wifes hand, intertwining their fingers.

Jace places his hand next to Rileys on the table, rubbing his index finger against the back of her hand. Riley looks at Jace then back to the Burns. "How is the business doing?" She asks, with a small smile pressing on her lips, slightly her hand against Jace's fingers.

---

They're like two five year olds 😍😍😍😍

I hope you like it!

Let me know!