Part 36

The next morning Mary, a tired John and Jace sit at the table. French toast and orange juice sit in front of them. Its quiet, John hasnt eaten a single bite. Jace looks through the arch way towards the stairs. He smiles and gets up. He walks up to Riley and holds his hand out to her. She looks up from her feet and holds his hand. They walk back into the dinning room. "Look who decided to join us." Jace announces.

John stops turning his fork against the table and smiles a bit. "Ill get you your food." He gets up and walks in to the kitchen.

Riley sits opposite of Jace, Mary at one end of the table and Johns seat at the other. John comes out a few minutes later with a fesh batch of French toast and orange juice. He fills her glass and puts the mound of food in the middle of the table. "The cook made more and usual." He shrugs. "Did you sleep well Riley?" He asks as he sits back in his sleep. He looks at Riley as she shrugs. "Oh ok. Mary, what about you?"

"Tossed and turned. You?"

"Had a headache all night, i had a bit of trouble sleeping. What about you jace?"

"Didnt sleep one bit actually." Jace states, Riley looks up at him. "Stayed up with Riley, read to her and talked to her, even though it was a one way conversation."

"Riley, do you know when your first appointment is?" Mary asks.

Riley shakez her head and looks at Jace arching a brow.."Mary is going to take you, its next thursday." She nods.

"Are we seeing Aubrey this weekend?" John asks.

Riley shakes her head biting her lip. "She told Jake that she still didnt feel well enough, and that she didnt want to get Aubrey sick." Mary explains.

"Understandable." John nods in agreement with Jace as he takes a bite of his toast.

Riley and her family start eating. After breakfast Jace kisses Rilwy on the top of the head while John does the same to Mary, they leave the dinning room to the living room. Mary drinks the rest pf her juice and gets up. "Ill go change then I want to show you something, ok?" Riley nods and stays at the table, turning her glass against the dark wood table while a maid clears the table around her.

------

I love french toast...