Part 35

four days later- 

Jace walks downstairs, behind Riley, and they go into the living room. She sits on the couch and Jace walks over to the fire place between the bookshelves and lights it. Its 12:30 am, the maids and cooks have gone home. John had just gone to bed and Mary has been in her room since 10:30. Riley has gone quiet and is making everyone worry. Mary called her doctor to ask about Riley's problem, the doctor states that people take news differently. Riley took it differently, she shut down and hasn't talked to anyone and has stayed in her room most of the week unless she needs to use the bathroom or get a drink. 

Jace sits beside Riley and looks over at her. "We're all worried ya know." Riley looks up from her lap to Jace. "You haven't said a word in almost a week." Riley pulls her knees to her chest. "John sat in your room all night last night, carried a damn dinning chair up three flights of stairs to watch over you to make sure you're ok. Why won't you talk?" Jaces voice gets stern. Riley's face turns pale and she bites her lip.  " I'm not trying to yell t you or anything, I'm not about that, but Riley you need to open your eyes and notice that you aren't alone in this. You have Mary and John." He goes quiet for a few minutes. "You have me too. Ill always help you. We all love you so very much and we're worried about you." Jace looks around the room then back at Riley. "What about Aubrey?" Riley's eyes start to water. "She needs her mother. And you just sitting, hiding, in your room all the time, she wont have one if you keep doing that." Riley nods, yawning.