Part 33

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been uploading as much. Im just going through some things and I sadly hurt my back as well so I have been having trouble moving about and sitting up. I can only lay on my side sadly. Anyways, I just wanted to say sorry i havent been uploading multiple times. Also are you liking it? Should I add more drama? Sad things? Heartbreaking? Let me know in the comments!

------------------

Riley stayed in the hospital for two more days until her tests were done. John had gone and got her food while Mary went and got her clothes. Leaving her and Jace in the room with the doctor. "So your body isn't producing enough white blood cells, but your file say you've had that since you were younger, resulting in you being sick so often growing up. Have you been feeling fatigue?"

"Yeah."

"Have you been losing weight very quickly?"

"I have?"

"Do you feel unwell a lot recently?"

"Very." Riley nods.

"We are going to do one more test. To test for Leukemia."

"Uh. What exactly is Leukemia?" Riley asks. 

Leukemia is cancer of blood-forming tissues, including bone marrow. Many types exist such as acute lymphoblastic leukemia, acute myeloid leukemia, and chronic lymphocytic leukemia.Many patients with slow-growing types of leukemias don't have symptoms. Rapidly growing types of leukemia may cause symptoms that include fatigue, weight loss, frequent infections, and easy bleeding or bruising."

"What about treatments?" Jace asks.

"Treatment is highly variable. For slow-growing leukemias, treatment may include monitoring. For aggressive leukemias, treatment includes chemotherapy that's sometimes followed by radiation and stem-cell transplant."

"Thank you."

"If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask. Ill sen in a nurse to take some blood and give you more fluids since you're still a bit dehydrated." 

"thanks."

The doctor leaves and Riley looks at Jace. "We'll get through it." He reassures her, moving to sit next to her on the hospital bed. She lays her head on his shoulder and claps her hands together in her lap. Jace kisses her head and places his hand on hers.