Part 11

"So whats the real reason ypu asked me to bring you shopping?"

I turn and see Jace leaning on my door. "Ever hear of knocking?" I slip my wallet into my purse with my cell phone. "I need to get her some new stuff. And some toys. My mother threw them out."

"Do you even have enough money to get her a bunch of stuff?" Jace walks over to the crib and picks Aubery up.

"My grandmother gave me a lot of money when she died. Im only using a small portion. The rest will go to Aubery when she turns 18."

"Do you have a baby seat for her?"

"No. Im going to ask Mary." I grab a sweater and Auberys sandals. "Ready?"

"Sure."

We walk downstairs and I walk to my fathers office and knock. "You can come in Riley."

I crack open the door and take a step in. "How do you know it was me?"

"You use the same knocking pattern as you did while you were little." My dad turns in his chair. "What can I do for you?"

"Do you have a baby car seat I could borrow for today."

"Well we should have one in the storage room." He gets up and leaves his office. "Ill go grab it for you."

"Thank you." I walk towards the front door and find Jace sitting on the floor playing with Aubery.

I kneel down and slip her sandals on. "There we go baby girl." After a few minutes my father walks down stairs with a baby seat. "Thanks." I stand up smiling.

"No problem. It was covered so it shouldnt be dusty."

"Oh good."

"Ill go put it in the car." Jace hands me Aubery and takes the baby seat feom my dad.

"Have fun and dont rush yourself. He hasnt had a night out with someone in a long time and I see how ally looks at him. Get to know him." My dad winks. "Have fun my little girl." He lightly touches Auberys cheek.

"We will have fun. And im not looking for someone just yet."

"Like i said... take your time." He smiles and heads back to his office.

I walk outside holding Aubery. I walk over to Jace and raise an eye brow. "Why are you rubbing your head?"

"Those annoying handles on the roof of the car. Hit my head."

"Pfft. Really?"

He nods and takes Aubery. "The car is unlocked. You can get in."

"Oh." I open the passanger side door. "Thank you." I smile and get in, buckling my seat belt.

----

Thank you for everyone who has read, liking, and commented. It means a lot.

Keep it up everyone 💖💖💖💖

Sorry the chapters are short lately.