Part 32

Jace and John walk out of the office and notice Riley still on the couch. "It's 1130 at night. Why are you still down here Ri?" John asks, walking around the couch. "Riley are you ok?"

Jace walks round the couch and notices her fists clinching her blanket. Jace puts his things on tje coffee table and pulls the blanket away. "Put her on her side." John and Jace pull her from her back and onto her side.

"Looks like she got sick. What now?"

"Make sure theres nothing in her mouth or air ways. She's too sick to stay here. Ill call 911."

Riley woke up in the hospital the next afternoon. Mary is asleep in the chair and Jace is sitting in the corner, sleeping. Riley smiles slightly.

"What are you smiling about?"

Riley looks over and sees her dad. "I dodnt see you. Thought you went home."

"Not leaving until we know you can go home." He sits at the end of Rileys bed.

"Did the doctors say anything? What happened?"

"Stumach virus, the trouble breathing is from your lungs closing in, headach from dehydration, your white blood cells are low, you had a fever of 101°. Suggested that you have a low ammune system."

"Growing up i was sick a lot." Riley nods.

"They took some blood. They said it seemed weird. So theyre more complicated tests."

"Did they say for what?" Riley asks.

"No. But we're all worried, but trying to stay content."

---
Sorry for all the slower uploads. Not doing so good. Mentally and family wise.  But thatnk you for all the wonderful comments and votes. Means so much 😍