Part 19

After spending the afternoon and early evening shopping, Mary and Riley returned home with shopping bags all up their arms. John notices the bags and sighs. "You bought so much.."

"Oh, there's more." Mary smiles with a quiet giggle before putting the bags on her arms down and walking back to the car. 

"I told her I only needed a few outfits.." Riley comments. 

"She doesn't understand what few means..." John mumbles, looking through papers. 

Jace looks up from his laptop and smiles. "What the hell did you even get?"

"Dresses, jeans, tank tops, plaid shirts, she made me get a bunch of shoes, hair stuff, she also made me get a computer and cell phone." Riley bites her lip. 

"As long as you got what you needed." 

"I got make up and hair dye too..." Riley adds.

"Did you have fun?" John asks.

"Yeah. Oh and she got some things too." Riley adds, smiling when John groans, laying his head back on the couch and covers his face with his paper. 

Jace laughs and gets up. "Would you like some help?"

"Sure, Thank you." Jace grabs the bags on the floor and follows Riley to her room. "Could you help me set up my laptop later? I don't know how too." 

"Sure." 

Mary brings Riley the rest of her bags and puts her own bags in her and John room before returning to Riley's room to help her. Jace returns to the living room and asks his head as John looks up from his laptop. "What?" John asks.

"Your wife is crazy.." Jace comments. 

"SO is my daughter.." John adds. 

------

"I love this dress on you." Mary holds up a white, backless dress. "You should wear it to your fathers dinner next week." She goes into the walk in closet and hangs it up. 

Riley walks past her and grabs a bag of jeans. "His what?" 

"He has a lot of dinners with his company and partnering companies. He's having one here next week." Mary gets the black strapless off of the bed and hangs it up. "You should be escorted by Jace." 

"I don't think so Mary. Im not the right fit for him." Riley folds her jeans, taking the tags off, and slipping them in the drawers. 

"You'll never know if you don't try Riley." Mary picks up another dress, hanging it. "Just talk to him about it. Maybe he likes you." 

"I've only known him for three days." Riley grabs another bag, bringing it into the closet and hanging the shirts on hangers.  

"Then take it slow, go on dates, walks, talk, get to know each other." 

"Hey Mary?" 

Riley sits on her bed, opening pantie packages and taking tags off her new bras. Mary walks out of the closet. "Yeah?" 

"How did you meet my dad?"