Bedroom fit for a Queen..And her princess

I hum quietly until She stops me in front of a wooden door. My name is carved into the wood with music notes and a microphone. "Daddy says you love to sing... Do you think you could sing me to sleep sometime?"

"Sure thing princess. All though I haven't and in almost two years."

"Why?" She Turns the door
nod.

"It's a long story"

"I hope you like your gift. Dinners is at six." She skips back to the stairs.

I run my fingers over the carvings. If only he knew. I grab the doorknob and open the door. Let's just say I'm very happy with my room. It even has a crib for when Jake brings Aubrey here. I can't,want to see my little munchkin.

Aubrey is my daughter. She only 11 months old, Jake is my ex. And with out court or anything we decided that one of us takes her for two weeks and the there gets her for the weekend. But of course I only get her for the weekend. Jake wanted it like this because he wants me to get back on my own two feet. The reason I agreed to let Jake take Aubrey is because I don't want her anywhere near my mom.

I set my two suitcases on my bed and walk over the the bay window. I sit down facing the rest of the room. Then I notice something on Aubrey's crib. I kneel next to the crib and find carvings. Aubrey Mariam Tucker-Winchester. My baby girl has a long ass name. On the side bar that holds the head board and the siding together says 8lbs 3oz. 17inches. (Better?) I wipe my cheeks and stand up. My father hasn't been around in seven years. And repays me with all of this.