Part 39

-Two weeks later-

John and Jace had to go to the local offices for his company and Mary went out for the day with some close friends, leaving Riley home.  She sits in the living room in the chair by the fire place, legs pulled to her chest. Remember Me b Jennifer Hudson plays on the surround sound. She looks over and catches glimpses of the maids mouthing along to the song as they clean the for-yard and the dining room. Riley sips her hot cocoa and watch them sing along. The song changes to Adele's When we were young. 

Later that afternoon Mary comes home with the biggest grin Riley's seen. "You look very happy." Riley states.

"Thats because I am." Mary sets her bags down. "You won't guess what I got, It'll be here in two hours, just in time for the dinner party." 

"It has to be delivered?" Riley asks. 

"Yup. I bought a grand piano." 

"John is going to kill you." Riley sighs. 

"Oh he already knows. They're on their way home anyways. Hows the house looking?" Mary looks around.

"As clean as ever." 

"Good. I bought you a new dress for tonight."

"Mary you didn't have too. I still haven't worn two of the four i already have." 

"Well this dinner is black tie soooooo you needed one. And I know you weren't feeling well earlier and I know your size so I bought you one. I really hope you like it." 

"Knowing me, I would." Riley smiles and gets 

"So will Jace." Mary mumbles.

"That should be a long lost dream of yours. You know what happened and you know we aren't on good terms at the moment." 

"We all do.. Trust me your father wanted to kill him." 

"Everyone wanted too. But you know what-"

"What?"

"I cant let it get me down. Im doing chemo to get better, we're working on our shop and Im finally aware enough to do things and not sit on the couch like a potatoe. I cant and wil not let it bring me down. Deep down yeah its fucking destroying me but I have to be strong." RIley shrugs. 

"Be strong about what?" Mary turns and Riley looks behind Mary. Jace and John stand in the door way. 

"To be honest, that's none of your fucking business." Riley kisses Mary's cheek and smiles. "Im going to do my make up and hair." 

She walks past the boys, saying hello to her father and heading upstairs. Mary narrows her eyes at Jace. "Is she coming tonight? Mary asks, crossing her arms. 

"Yeah. She is." Jace says sternly. 

"Pathetic. So fucking pathetic." She mumbles, leaving the room. 

John looks at Jace. "Well they definitely hate you. A lot." 

"I didnt think it would be this bad." 

"You helped Riley a lot in the beginning. You didn't go to her like usual and she found you in bed with your ex Jace. What do you think she would think or act even. You broke her while she was very sick. Literally the first day of chemo and you did that. Yes I am mad as well but I hold it up better than those two."

"Well there's no turning back." 

-------

I cant remember the old chapter, If anyone wants to suggest something let me know! Ill tag you in the chapter. You can message me or just comment. Im still kinda working something up, jut having trouble with it so any other situations you guys want to happen let me know! Sorry for the long gap of not uploading.