Jace Griffin

Before dinner I take a shower and change into a pair of black skinny jeans, a black flowy top and matching heals with mini gold spikes and gems.

I walk down stairs and to the dining room. "Hello Riley." My father's wife smiles at me. "Oh you uh missed a spot." She grabs her napkin and cleans just before my ear. As She tucks it back on her lap I notice blood on it.

I sit across a stranger and a maid fills my wine glass. "Where's dad?"

"He's on a call. Oh how unkind of your father, he probably didn't tell you." Marry smiles and points her hand towards the man across form me. "Riley this is Jace Griffin."

I look across from from me and see the stranger. I nod and mumble a hello. "So you're the infamous Riley?" I simply nod. I watch as he neatly rolls this dress shirt sleeves up just under his elbows. "I thought you four said she was much younger." He laughs and waves his fork at my siblings. They just laugh except the second oldest, who is only 16.

My step-mom clears her throat. "Jace, the kids will be leaving in two days to the Bahamas with my parents for a month or so. So it'll only be You, me, Riley and her father."

"Oh I love the Bahamas. What about you Riley?"

I shrug. Not letting the past get to me. "I wouldn't know. I've never been. Though I love London during the winter."

"Who cares about London. You can't wear a two-piece there." Ally, the 16 year old huffs.

Oh do I want to slap her already. "I go to London because my grandparents used to live there." I take a sip of my wine.

"What are they, dead?" She Snickers at me. I go quiet and stand up.