Part 18

(Fathers name is John Ericson.)

Riley, Jace, and Mary walk outside. Riley helps Aubrey stand and take a few steps as Jake drives up the drive way. Jake parks and gets out of his car while Riley picks Aubrey up. "How'd she do?" He asks.

"Quietest baby ever. She cried once, she has a good set of lungs too. But over all great. We went shopping and got some toys and some new clothes."

Jake notices the dress. "Did you pick that out?"

"Nope. It was her and uncle Jace."

"Who?" Jake asks. Riley turns a little and points at Jace. Who is looking at the flowers around the fountain with Mary. "Who exactly is he?"

"He lives here and works with my dad. I asked him to take me to get her some clothes since i dont know the area."

"Oh ok. As long as he's safe. Then its fine."

"At least you know the extra person hanging around your kid." Riley comments.

"Really Riley?" Jake crosses his arms. "She's my girlfriend, she can be wherever the hell she wants."

"Im just saying, a mother should know who's around her baby."

"You havent seen her in three months." He takes Aubrey from Riley.

"You know why too. You said you understood."

"Yeah because your mother is a fucking crack whore." Jakes tone hardens.

"Don't. I dont need the arguing right now." Riley kisses Auberys forehead. "Love you baby girl. See you soon."

"Maybe." Jake turns and walks away, towards the car.

Jace walks up to Riley. "What was that all about?"

"I was saying by to her and said see you soon. He said maybe..."

"We'll figure it out."

"Lets go shopping Riley!" Mary yells from the door. "My treat!"