Part 22

Three days later, after thinking a lot about it, Riley walks down stairs in a new outfit and walks to her dads office. She knocks and a few seconds later the door opens. "Jace?"

"Hey. Do you need your dad?"

"Yeah I wanted to talk to him for a moment."

"Give us a minute or so. Ok?"

"Sure." Riley sits on the couch as Jace closes the door and turns to John. Ten minutes later Jace exits the office, laptop and papers in hand. Riley puts the book down and get up. "A minute my ass."

"Sorry. Business calls. Have to vet ready for the dinner party."

"That's fine." Riley walks into the office, closes the door and sits in one of the two soft chairs in front of her fathers desk.

"What can I do for you Sweety?" He truns his chair away from his laptop and faces her, taking off his glasses.

"I wanted to ask you something." Riley crosses her left leg over her right.

"Shoot."

"Well do you remember that girl that used to bully me in 3rd and 4th grade?"

"Molly?" He asks after a few seconds of thinking. "Yes, why?"

"Well she's my best friend now.."

"Really?" He leans back in his chair and crosses his arms. "When did this happen?"

"When i was 12 i think. Around then."

"Would she be here for dinner?" John asks.

"Thats up to you." Riley smiles.

"Alright. Well, I will think about it. Give me til tomorrow. Mind you, the dinner is in four days. She'll have to get a fancy dress for it."

"If she is, she can squeeze into one of mine."

"Alright. Ill let you know tomorrow. Is that ok?" John asks.

"That's fine."

"Good. Ill see you at dinner."

Riley gets up and turns to leave but stops. She turns to her father. "Thanks, dad. For everything." She smiles before leaving.

John smiles putting his glasses on and turns back to his computer.