sixty six

By the time six hours had gone past, I had blankly gone to the conclusion that I'm going insane. We're still in the hospital, and both my dad and Brendon have tried to make some small talk with me but I've kept quiet for hours now.

"I'm gonna go get you something to eat. Do you want any coffee?" Brendon asks, squeezing my hand.

"I'm fine. I'm not hungry."

"You need to eat something." He remarks.

I shake my head, and he sighs, strolling off to a nearby cafe and I'm left alone with my thoughts. I completely zone out for the next few minutes, and Brendon taps my shoulder suddenly, causing me to jump in surprise. He chuckles, handing me a warm cup of my favourite Starbucks drink and a bag of Skittles, and I mutter a small thank you. He sits besides me, kissing my cheek gently and taking a strand of my dark brown hair and pushing it behind my ear.

"I want this all to be over." I murmur, sipping my drink.

"I know baby. Everything's going to be fine."

"I've got so much studying to do as well - my school life is falling apart."

Brendon sighs, and before he can say anything in reassurance my dad taps my shoulder. A wide smile appears on his face, and he looks much happier which gives me hope that everything will be okay. "Your mom, she's okay. I'll be taking her home in a few days, you can go see her now."

I instantly jump up from my seat, running into the hospital room and jumping on my mom and almost crushing her. She winces as I wrap my arms around her, and I pull away immediately. "Sorry." I mumble, and she just laughs quietly in response.

"Hey, sweetheart. How are things?"

"They're okay - but how are you? Do you want anything to eat? Water? I could get you some-"

She laughs more this time, making me smile. She's always been so cheerful. "I'm fine, Em. It's nice to see you and Brendon again."

I glance behind me to see Brendon, and I smile at him.

He walks over to me, taking his hand in mine, before looking back at my mom. "I'm glad everything's okay now. How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay. No need to worry about me. I think you two should get home, you've had a long night after all."

"Y-yeah. Are you sure? How long are you staying here for?" I stutter.

"A few days. They're going to discuss treatments for me. I'll be okay, don't worry about me."

I hesitate for a moment, but I glance over at my dad and he gives me a reassuring smile. "You'll stay here with her, right dad?"

"Always."

I nod, squeezing my mom's weak hand. "Okay. I love you."

As I'm walking out, my dad taps my arm gently and passes me an envelope.

"Your mom wrote it. Just in case... you know." He frowns.

It's hard to walk away, and Brendon has to literally drag me back to the car. I end up crying as we're walking out, and he wraps his arm around me protectively, kissing my forehead.

-

I'm sorry I haven't updates in so long, I have no excuse lmao.
Love you guys though, and thank you for the sweet messages on the previous few chapters.
- M ❤️