thirty nine

okay but I listen to this cover whenever I have an anxiety attack it calms me down so much I love Brendon so much what the fuck
-
"Do you play the piano?" I ask, gesturing to the instrument in front of me.

"Yeah, a bit." Brendon responds, and I play a few notes before looking at him.

"Can you play something for me?" I smirk, wrapping my arms around his neck. He laughs, sitting at the piano before looking at me. "What do you want me to play?"

"Anything. Something relaxing, I'm tired." I sigh, leaning against the top of the instrument, admiring Brendon's every move. He stretches his fingers, chuckling slightly, before pressing down on a few notes in a quick and graceful movement. His fingers then stretch out to the left, pressing another few notes and creating a delightful sound.

"Fix you?" I say, immediately recognising the tune and closing my eyes to enjoy the sound.

"Yeah." He chuckles, before coming to an abrupt stop.

"Why'd you stop?" I whine, and he looks at me apologetically. "It sounds beautiful. You're so talented at this." I reassure him, lacing my fingers around his and squeezing his hand gently.

"I just don't really play in front of other people." He sighs, avoiding my gaze.

"Why? You play beautifully, B. And you can sing great too." I smile, tilting his chin so he's looking at me.

He sighs, focusing on the piano once more before playing the notes again. He plays them in an ostinato. "C over G." He mutters to himself, pausing for a moment but quickly regaining his position.

"When you try your best but you don't succeed." He says softly, voice sweet, tender and a pleasure to listen to. His singing is possibly my favourite thing to listen to, despite only listening to it a few times.

"When you get what you want but not what you need..." He continues, and I smile widely at his stunning voice - it's music to my ears. He plays and sings the verse flawlessly, making my eyelids drop and whenever I would open them they would be a bit watery.

"Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones. And I will try to fix you." Even if I can't see it, I can imagine him with a beautiful smile on his perfect face. As he continued into the song, I found myself blinking back small tears. (okay me)

"Why are you crying?" He says, stopping towards the end of the song.

"I don't know. You're just so beautiful and unbelievably talented." I laugh slightly, and he chuckles and places a hand of my cheek, gently caressing it. " (ME)

"I'm so glad you're here. I'm so glad you're mine." He smiles, his own eyes becoming glossy.

"You're making me cry." I giggle, a single tear falling from my left eye. "Why do you have to be so perfect?" (also me)

"I think you're talking about yourself, Em. I love you so much." He grins widely, and I stand up to wrap my arms around his neck tightly. He holds at my waist, arms overlapping and his face resting on my chest. He's warm, and being in his arms makes me feel so safe.

We stay stationary for a minute or two, breathing into each others scent and holding each other as if it's our last day alive. He mumbles something, and snuggles closer into my chest. We're fitted so closely barely a piece of paper could fit in between us.

"I could stay like this forever." I murmur into his hair, gently caressing the back of his neck.

"Me too. " He sighs, pulling away to look up at me. I lean down and press my lips to his, and he pulls me onto his lap. I wrap my legs around his waist, and my arms around his neck, falling deeper into the kiss.

Brendon pulls away, standing up and lacing his fingers around mine. He pulls me gently into the couch, and we both collapse onto it, embracing each other. He reaches above him for a blanket, covering us both and I snuggle into his chest.

"Don't ever leave me." I say, and we drift off into slumber.

-
okay I cried a bit during this chapter
- m

𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 ➳ 𝒃.𝒖जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें