eleven

When I wake up, I'm in an unfamiliar bed dressed in the same clothes I had the night before. There's a throbbing pain in my head, pounding like a drum. I wince at my headache, burying my pillow.

It smells like Brendon's cologne.

"I see your awake." I look up to see Brendon walking toward me with two warm cups of tea.

"Sadly." I moan, collapsing my head back to the pillow.

"I took you to my apartment after last night. I seemed to sober up much quicker than you." Brendon laughs, rubbing my arm after setting down his cup on the bedside table.

"I think you like green tea? So I made you some."

"Thank you." I sit up slowly before taking the cup gratefully and taking a sip.

"Where's my phone?" I ask, suddenly coming to the senses that my mom has no idea where I am.

Brendon fumbles around in his bedside draw, before handing me my phone. I quickly sent my mom a text saying I slept over at Ashley's, trying to make it seem believable.

"Do you want me to drive you home?"

"Yeah. I guess."

"Uh, okay. Just get your stuff and I'll drive you back in twenty minutes."

I nod, setting the tea down before glancing around for my coat. I slip it on, trying to avoid noticing the horrible headache I was having. I would stay a bit longer, but I could tell it was already pretty awkward between Brendon and I. I don't think either of us want to talk about what we said.

He drives me home, and as soon as I enter my house my mom runs to me and wraps her arms around me.

"I was worried sick about you!" She exclaims, looking me up and down.

"Uh, I slept over at Ashley's. Melanie kind of fainted so I couldn't reply."

"It's funny, though. Neither Ashely or Melanie own a car like that."

"Oh." My cheeks become hot, "it's Ashely's dad's car. He let us drive it as Ashely's is still getting fixed."

"I thought he cared so much for his cars he didn't let anyone even touch them?"

"Uh, you must be thinking of someone else, mom." I laugh.

-

I don't think she trusted me.

I mean, obviously.

Nevertheless, she doesn't mention it for the rest of the day.

Ashley calls me numerous times throughout the day, however I was too deep into my slumber to bother looking at my phone.

At 1:30, my headache is only mild and I manage to get myself out of bed and downstairs to the fridge. (my fat ass fuck)

I glance at the kitchen counter, noticing a note stuck just below the microwave.

"Gone shopping, should be back by 3! - Mum x"

I sigh, then make myself a bowl of cereal and curl up on the coach with some blankets and Netflix. My phone rings, and I glance down thinking it might be Ashley or Melanie, but it's not.

"Thanks for the great time last night - we should do it again sometime :)"

I smile, despite knowing of all the bad places this could go to. I quickly save his number to my phone as well.

E: hey ash can I come round to yours? need to talk

A: yh sure the doors open

I quickly gather my things, a sprint out to door and began walking to Ashley's. She lives down the street so I don't need to get a cab or anything.

"Ash." I begin. "I think I've fallen in love."