nineteen

The next day at school, I'm still feeling as down as the day before. What makes it worse is I have two hours of English today first thing - fucking great. I doubt Brendon wants to see my face after that - and he's either going to be frustrated or relieved to hear that I'm moving away. If I did, I certainly would take a lot of his mind seeing as our relationship causes many problems.

Unfortunately I sleep past my alarm, meaning I have to get ready rapidly - but somehow I still am late to class.

"Sorry I'm late, sir." I say timidly, almost feeling the awkwardness psychically.

"Take a seat, Emma." He says simply, shifting his gaze anywhere other than my eyes.

I nod, quickly settling down and flashing Ashley a small smile. It's a bit selfish that I haven't told her I'm moving, and I regret not telling her yesterday.

I want this all to be a dream. Sometimes, I wished I had never hooked up with Brendon, and I wish that it was all a dream and I'll be sitting in class with a good grade and no sexual relations whatsoever.

But really - I made this happen. When he said those words, I could have screamed, I could have rang the police on him, but I agreed to it. I let him - this is my mess and I need to fix it.

Brendon begins handing out our books and awkwardly passes me mind, once again avoiding any contact with me. I can't blame him, anyway. I shouldn't have snapped at him that night, if I didn't, maybe none of this would have happened.

For the first hour, he avoided me so much I felt as if I had disappeared or turned invisible all together. But towards the end he begins giving me quick glances, and sometimes stares at me directly when saying specific statements.

I decide to stay after class, I really need to fix this mess of a relationship we have. But what am I going to do? I can't just spill it all out into one sentence like I always do when I'm anxious.

Why does this have to be so complicated?

After two awkward and shameful hours, the bell rings and everyone packs their things and leaves to their next lesson. I give Ashley a small nod, and as soon as everyone is gone I shyly walk up to Brendon's desk.

He looks up, his expression softening when he sees me, and stands up as he tosses some papers down.

"I'm sorry. I was an asshole, I was selfish. I know it's really hard having a relationship like... this. But I'm honest, from the bottom of my heart when I say I want to make this work."

I open my mouth to say something, but struggle to say anything.

"If you want I can-"

"I'm moving to Florida."