thirty

holy fuck 9k reads heLLo
also my panic concert was so good I screamed so much my throat hurts like hell fuCK
also Brendon's vocal range is so amazing every time he hit a high note (which was like 10 times during the show) my cHEST HURT I had to hold onto the girl next to me aH

I awkwardly pull at my tangled hair, and let out a sigh on frustration.

"Em, seriously, you know hairspray is a thing, right?"

I groan, "Fuck off!" I say defensively as I tug at another knot in my chestnut hair. "I fucking want to die."

"Same." Ashley laughs, slipping an Adidas hoodie over her head clumsily. "So, how's breadbin?"

"Breadbin?" I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, "What the fuck?"

"It's a nickname for Brendon. You know, like a cool code name. I thought as best friends we need to have some."

"You're ridiculous."

"At least I didn't give my 5th grade crush cabbage as a nickname."

"Come on, Ash. I was like 8." I roll my eyes and she just laughs at me.

"So, how's things?"

"It's fine. He doesn't know what to do about it to be honest."

"Really? You guys should probably do something before it goes around."

"Like what, Ash? There's pretty much nothing we can do."

She shrugs, swinging her bag over her shoulder. "So, has your mom finally realised moving to Florida is bullshit?"

Shit.

I hadn't told Ashley that I'm moving in two weeks - I knew she would be devastated.

"Uh... Not really."

"So... you're not going to move, right?"

"I don't know..." I mumble. I did not want to have this conversation with her.

"You don't know? Em, you can't leave me here!" She says, louder this time.

"I'm sorry, but I can't ruin this for my mom. She's so happy... and she hasn't been like that for a long time."

"Em, you can't be serious. Florida? Are you out of your mind? Your mom can be happy here, you know."

"Yeah, I guess. But I don't even know..."

"Don't know what Em?" She yells, throwing her hands up in the air.

"I think it's good for me. Good for Brendon. Good for you. I'm made such a mess in both of your lives."

"Mess? My life? Sure, your relationship with him is a bit fucked, but is it really worth moving across the country for? You've done absolutely nothing wrong in my life."

"Yes I have, Ashley. You want to move to Chicago for university, but I'm the one stopping you. I always drag your everywhere I go, get you into so much shit. Do you really want that? Do you really want to give up everything you have and want because of me?"

She stays silent this time, and just stares at me in disbelief with those bright hazel eyes of hers.

"I'm sorry, Ashley. But I'm moving.." I say, walking out with small tears in my eyes.