six

The next English lesson is better. Brendon finally starts to treat me with ease, and acts a bit more positively towards me. No one seems to notice. In fact, no one seemed to notice my screams from the classroom three days earlier.

In a few days, we get all our results back from the exams we did two months ago. We call it "Exam Evening." It's basically where the students and their parents visit all the teachers their child is taking a class with and discusses their attendance, behaviour and progress. I would usually dread this evening, but I was sort of excited for some reason.

"Sir?" I walk to Mr Urie's desk. His eyes dart up and he slightly smiles when he sees me. "My parents can't make it on Thursday, so is there any way I could see you tomorrow?" I smile at him, hoping he gets what I mean.

Brendon clears his throat, looking down at his paper before nodding. "Yes, that would be possible. What time would you like to visit me?"

"Straight after school, if you don't mind."

"Of course."

"thank you." I smile before quietly returning to my seat.

Little did he know I planned to do so much more that night.

-

"I'm telling you Emma, he fucking loves you!" Ashley throws her arms in the air.

"Ashley! No he doesn't! it's fucking obvious he hates me!" I say, stabbing at my Chinese takeout.

"Patrick, get your ass over here. Look at Emma, in the eyeliner and tell her he likes her."

Patrick chuckles, taking a seat besides me, "relax, Ash. He's taken anyway."

"Who by?"

"Morgan Jones."

"Isn't she in his chemistry class."

"Yes! Ha! See Ashley. Noah Reynolds does not like me."

Ashley frowns, refusing to let herself be defeated. "just because they're dating doesn't mean anything. believe me, i've seen the way she treats him."

"that's not my business. besides, i like someone else."

"what!?" ashley and patrick stare at me curiously. i start to realise it would have been a better option keeping my mouth shut.

"Just a little someone."

"Who? What's their name? Snapchat? Are you sure they aren't secretly 45?"

"Ash, that happened to you once. It's not like it's going to happen again." Patrick rolls his eyes.

"You never know!" Ashley says in defence, frowning childishly at Patrick.

I giggle at them, noticing how cute they are together. "Well... all you need to know is that we've met up. He doesn't go to our school, in fact, he's in university studying English language and literature. He's sweet, but I don't know him too well yet."

"Oh my god. He's in university?? How old is this guy?" Patrick says.

"Maybe 45." Ashley whispers quietly.

"He's not, Ash. I like him. A lot. He's nice. And... I think I want this relationship to go somewhere more."