fifty eight

"Ugh. Her dress is horrible. I hate V line dresses." Brendon sighs, watching as the newly wed couple have their first dance.

"You didn't hate it when I wore one that white one on our last date." I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, but you looked good in it! She's so flat chested, I had bigger tits than her when I was 14."

A small giggle escapes my mouth, and some of the guests near us turn to look at me. "Come dance with me." I smile, tugging on his sleeve. He was wearing a dark YSL suit, which he had specially picked out for the occasion. He signs, rolling his eyes but nodding. I grin, immediately pulling him towards the dance floor where everyone was starting to gather around. He held me tightly at my waist, and I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his jawline gently.

"Besides, we're much cuter than them."

"We're cuter than everyone. How do you know Ryan?"

"We made music together. That was it really."

"Right." I laugh. "I'm surprised you can actually dance. I would have expected you to step on my feet or something."

"I may be a standard English teacher but I have class, Em." Then he stepped on my feet purposefully.

"Hey, fuck you. These shoes cost me a kidney."

"Where are you even getting all this money from?"

"My mom's still giving me money for bills. I could either be an asshole and have a great time buying things or make my mom angry that I've spent the past month with you."

He shrugs his shoulders. "She hasn't called in a while. Don't you think you should try and talk to her?"

"I did. Went straight to voicemail fifteen times. I'll call her when we get home." I say. " Everyone's staring at us."

"And?"

"I'm dancing with the teacher they all had for English." I take a deep breath. "Do you think our age gap is too much?"

"No. Well, it's a few years, but..."

"12 years."

"Right. Can we talk about this at home?"

I nod, and he tucks his face into my neck, kissing my neck. We stay stationary for a few moments and I feel the awful stares from a few old classmates but I try my hardest to ignore it.

"They're bringing the cake out. Fuck yeah." Brendon smiles, immediately pulling away rushing towards Lily and Ryan. I roll my eyes, giggling. Ryan hands Brendon two platefuls, and makes some awkward eye contact.

"Vanilla or chocolate?"

"I'm surprised you're even giving me a choice." I joke.

Brendon rolls his eyes, and I laugh. "Chocolate, obviously." We end up sharing both slices anyway. As we sit down, Lily rushes over to me, struggling in her large white dress.

"Hey Emma! I haven't had much time to talk to you today." She grins widely, being her normal bubbly self.

"Yeah, you look beautiful by the way."

"Thanks. You look gorgeous as always, did you cut your hair?"

"Yeah, I thought it was time for a bit of a change." I smile.

"It looks great on you! It's also good seeing you and Mr Urie together. Me and Ryan have a big of an age difference our selves and everyone else seems to have a big opinion on it. Sorry if that didn't make much sense, I'm so excited today. Oh, you two are together right?"

"Yeah. A year in a few months." I respond, praying she doesn't ask anymore questions.

"So during school? That's a bit risky, but it's cute as well."

I nod, looking over to Brendon. He traces small circles on my bare thighs, and has his chest pressed against my back.

"Well, I'll leave you two alone now. I'll see you later, we need to take some photos together at the photo booth!" She grins, and I wave to her as she rushes off to some other guests.

"For someone who's having their wedding today she seems much more bothered about us than herself." Brendon remarks, and I playfully slap his shoulder.

His fingers tap against my thigh, inching up. "You know, we haven't had a special night in a while..." His lips press to my neck teasingly, and I close my eyes and smile.

"How about we take this back to the car?" He suggests, and I nod.