fifty four

(idk if I gave Emma's mom a name so from now on she's called Ella ok bye
also Emma's surname is sky oops like 54 chapters in and we still haven't established that
-
Brendon groans, snoozing his alarm off for the fifth time. He wraps his arm around my waist again, his warm breath on my neck.

"B." I say. "We need to get up."

"No we don't. Let's just stay here forever." He replies, his voice husky and hoarse.

"Yes we do." I respond, sitting up. Brendon groans as I leave his arms, wandering into the kitchen to make us some breakfast.

Brendon wasn't a morning person - neither was I, to be honest. I make him some bacon and scrambled eggs, and we both eat upstairs quietly. By the time we're both dressed and I have a full face of make up on, it's 8:30 and we both climb into his car and head towards the university.

"I'm gonna have to drop you off here. Can't have anyone seeing us together on your first day." Brendon laughs as he stops the car. "The guidance counsellor is the first room through those doors. Text me if you need anything, okay?"

"Okay." I sigh.

"Okay. I love you." He kisses me one more time, before driving off.

And then all my anxiety goes through the roof.

-

After numerous anxiety attacks, I finally find my way to my first class. It's in a colossal room, all made of dark wood and there's about fifty people in there already. I take a deep breath, and the professor stands up from his chair and smiles at me, eyeing me up and down.

"Emma, right? You can sit fourth row up, next to Anna."

I nod at him, walking towards my seat awkwardly as all eyes are on me. The girl next to me has her face deep into a book titled, "Pretty Odd.".

"Anna." She says politely, looking up at me. I take a moment to have a look at her appearance. She looks unusually familiar - strawberry blonde hair, bold, bright blue eyes, and creamy, flawless skin. It takes a moment for it to click into my mind - she's Trevor's daughter.

"Emma-"

"I know. My dad had an affair with your mom."

"Affair?" I say, completely baffled.

"You don't know?" She says mockingly, then let's out a chuckle. "Isn't it obvious?"

I don't respond, just frown at her. Her chuckles turn into loud laughs. "My mom went away for a few weeks, leaving my dad by himself. But of course, one night he met your mom at some random bar, and that's where the mess started. They started meeting up even when my mom came back, and then he left us for her."

"Oh." I simply say, astonished. How could I know she was telling the truth, though?

"That's why I didn't go to Florida with you. My dad said I could go, but there was no way I was leaving my devastated mom behind."

"Okay..." I say, disinterested.

She opens up a compact and brushes a coat of mascara on. "So, how are you and Mr Urie?"

"What?" I almost drop my books, eyes widening.

"Those photos were pretty cute. It'd be horrible if the whole campus found out that you were hooking up with a professor."

"I don't know what you're talking about..." Great. First day here and someone is already trying to ruin my life.

"I really don't like you, Emma. And if I had the chance to ruin your life just to get myself a boost in my own, I would take it." She says, shoving her face into her book once again.

-
Honestly, I though university would be better. The people more mature, less people caring about popularity, and much longer lectures with Brendon. However, I've already made about three enemies in the first day.

At lunch, I spoke to a few people and we quickly exchanged numbers, planning to meet up that weekend (but I'm probably going to make up an excuse.) After eating something, I march to Brendon's office, not bothering to knock on the door.

"Ugh." I say, flopping on the chair in front of his desk and throwing my bag across the room.

"Hello to you too." He rolls his eyes, propping his legs up on his desk and his laptop on his lap. "What's gotten your panties in a twist?"

"This is shit. Trevor's fucking daughter is trying to murder me, everyone thinks I'm a complete bitch and I don't even get to have you as my professor."

"At least I got you in here, Em. I would ask them to move you to my class, but I highly doubt they would let you."

"Yeah, I guess. But my professor now is a fucking cunt. He makes corny jokes that are worse than yours-"

"Fuck you."

"And he eye fucks at all the girls in my class. And he's life fifty." I whine, closing my eyes tiredly.

"Does he stare at you? Because he can fuck off you're mine."

"He stared at my ass as I walked out."

"Your ass does look good in those jeans though." He stares down at my legs, nodding his head and avoiding the point of what I'm saying.

"But that's not what I'm saying. This is a disaster."

"Just try making friends in your class. And you can always come to see me during lunch or break. I'll be in here or my room over at the Upper site."

"That's not enough. Are you sure there's no way I could move to your class?"

"I don't know. Not now definitely. If you want you could try making an excuses about why you can't be in that class and they would move you to mine."

"Like what? The girl sat next to me wants to shove a chainsaw up my ass?"

"Yeah. That's a good one."

"Brendon. I'm serious." I roll my eyes, and he just chuckles.

"I'm being serious, too! I promise you'll be fine. I'll try my best to solve something, but for now you're just going to have to handle being in Mr Halewood's class." He leans over, taking my hand in his own.

"Just remember Em. They have really high expectations of you, I made you out to be as good as Shakespeare in your writing. Focus on that instead of who's in your class and who's not."

-
I wrote this ages ago, lmao it was meant to be chapter 43 at first
Hope you guys have had a great start of the year!
- M