thirty eight

BITCH WHAT THE FUCK PANIC ARE UP FOR A GRAMMY I'M SO PROUD AND HAPPY
-
I wrap the warm material of Brendon's jacket around my shoulders. It's barely 4pm, however it was already growing dark and the temperature was already below zero.

November was one of my favourite months - the cold atmosphere, the build up to the holidays and the time for curling up under a blanket with a good book and some hot chocolate .

Brendon had moved to his new house a few weeks ago, and sent me the address. After a long tiring day, all I wanted to do was to see him. I had barely slept the night before, so I was exhausted.

Number 23. I look up from my phone, now standing in front of a fairly large modern house. It's stunning, with carefully painted walls and neared potted plants at the front and from what I could see, a pool at the back. I shyly knock on the door, hoping I had gotten the right address, and in a few seconds Brendon opens up, smiling widely, wearing his thick frame glasses he wore occasionally.

"Hey." I smile, and he pulls me into a warm embrace.

"Jesus, you're freezing. Come on, I'll get you some tea." He pecks my lips gently before pulling me inside. I let out a sigh of relief at the sudden warmth of the living room, and look around. Everything looks as if it's perfectly put into place - the photo of Frank Sinatra on the wall, the stunning piano (which made me wonder if Brendon played it.) and the bottles of beer and empty glasses.

"Netflix?" (and chill) Brendon asks me, and I nod enthusiastically.

He wanders off into (what I'm guessing is) the kitchen, and I collapse onto his soft couch and reach out for the Xbox controller. Quickly, I set up Netflix and scroll through some comedies they have, but end up choosing Pretty Little Liars.

Brendon walks back in with a cup of tea and coffee, setting them on the small table in front of us. He smiles at me, noticing me admiring his features and he envelopes me in a warm embrace. I snuggle my face into his neck, gently kissing it before he pulls me onto his lap so I'm straddling his hips. He chuckles quietly, tilting my face down and presses his slightly chapped but soft lips to my own.

A loud bang comes from the TV, and we pull away abruptly to realise we almost forgot about Netflix playing in front of us. I giggle slightly, pecking his lips one more time before rolling off onto the space next to me. We only manage to get through ten minutes of the episode before I get lost in my thoughts, staring mindlessly at my lap.

"Are you okay, Em? You look stressed." Brendon points out, tracing small circles on my hand.

"Yeah. Just a lot on my mind." I sigh, and he pauses the episode.

"Why? What's up?"

"My mom got a new job. She has to move away for a few weeks though. I guess I just don't want to be alone."

"Have you guys found a place to stay? There's some apartments nearby, we can have a look at them if you want."

"No. She managed to get an apartment recently. It normally would have taken weeks to sort it out but with the help of her lawyer and a lot of paperwork we managed to get one just in time."

"When does she leave, anyway?"

"Next week."

There's a moment of silence between us, in which Brendon pulls me onto his lap, my head against his chest. He plays around with a strand of my dark brown hair, occasionally leaving small kisses on my forehead.

"Move in with me then." He suggests boldly, breaking the silence.

"Brendon..."

"Temporarily. I mean. Just for the time being. You don't even have to let your mom know, I just really want to spend time with you."

"It's going to be complicated-" I sit up from his chest, looking over my shoulder at him.

"Hasn't everything in this relationship been complicated?"

I stay silent, and I bite my lip and look down at my lap.

"I'll think about it."

He lets out a wide smile and pecks my lips, making my heart melt.

-
i am shook
- m