thirty two

does anyone have any advice on how to get over post concert depression
-
Sometimes, there are nights were my mother wakes up screaming. Shaking, crying, yelling his name over and over again. She was so shaken by the event, telling me multiple times about how she can't get the image of his bloody body smashed against the steering wheel. I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to be in her place, and I wish I could do something about it.

She went to a therapist not too long ago. They say it's just trauma, that should fade away over time, but it's been week(e)s now. Week(e)s since he was finally put down. Months since the actual event.

Today, my mom came home late at night, and I stumbled out of my small bed downstairs. She was struggling to afford the house herself, meaning I had to find a job to work at overtime. I don't mind, I would much rather me do all the work than my mother - she's really shaken at the moment.

"Mom?" I call out sleepily.

"Hey, sweetie" She says quietly, voice dull, reaching for a cup in the cupboard.

"Why are you so late today? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, it's fine babe. Just some therapy things I had to sort out."

"Oh. What did they say?"

"I've been diagnosed with PTSD." She says blankly, pouring herself a warm cup of tea.

"Mom..." I say quietly, hugging her from the side. "Do you need anything?"

"No, no, sweetie. Go to sleep. Oh god. I'm such a bad parent. Look at you, you've lost so much weight. I can't work my job properly, I can't even afford this house. I'm sorry for making you work so hard. Just because I'm such a wreck." She says sadly, stumbling over her own words and sulking at the wall.

"It's okay, mom. I promise. I don't mind."

"No, no. You should be going to university now. But look at you, instead you have to stay at home and help your wreck of a mother."

"I promise, it's fine. I'm taking a gap year, anyway. I just want to make sure your safe."

"We can't stay here...". She says quietly.

"What?"

"We can't stay here."

"Mom, what do you mean? We're completely fine here." I respond.

"You wanted to stay in Nevada, didn't you? You had been talking about going to Las Vegas for university for ever. I'm sorry, this is all my fault."

"No, mom. It's not your fault. And it's fine, I'm sure I can go to a university here, once we're more financially secure."

"No, Em. We're moving back home."

-
lol that was rushed and unrealistic but I want to write smut soon lmao
- m