forty three

lmao i need to update to chapter sixty by the end of this week send your prayers
-
The light shone through the window, almost blinding me as I open my eyelids. My eyes still feel heavy from sleeping, and Brendon has his arm wrapped tightly around my waist and has his hand under my shirt, and his legs are tangled within mine.

I wiggle out of his grip, making him moan slightly. I chuckle quietly, stretching my arms and back. I glance at the clock, it's roughly 7:30, so I pad downstairs to make me and Brendon some breakfast.

I'm shit at most cooking. That's definite. But the one thing I can make without a single mistake are pancakes. I hum the tune to some Fall Out Boy song to myself quietly, reaching for the pancake mix in the fridge. It takes me a while to figure out where everything is, seeing at it is the second or third time I've even been in Brendon's kitchen.

"She wants to dance like Uma Thurman..." I sing in a low voice, setting the frying pan and spreading the pancake mix around.

Finally, I serve the pancakes with some golden syrup, and blueberries on top. I take the two plates upstairs into the bedroom, to find Brendon snoring quietly, cuddling a pillow tightly.

I giggle, putting the plates down and straddling his legs. He lets out an inhuman noise, turning his head and stretching his arms. "Morning." I laugh, kissing his lips gently. He gladly kisses me back, and yawns as we pull away.

"Did you make pancakes?"

"Yeah."

He smiles brightly, and I reach from the plates and set them besides him. "I was thinking we could go Christmas shopping tomorrow."

"Okay. What time?" He says, immediately taking a bite of the pancakes and smiling in satisfaction.

"at 4, I guess? The later it is, the less busy it'll be to be honest."

"Okay. I've got some work to get done for next week. First day back at work next Monday." He rolls his eyes.

"It'll be fine." I caress his cheek with my hand, and he smiles at me lovingly.

He nods, and we both eat our breakfast, stirring up conversations as we do. Once we finish, Brendon goes into his office to do some work, and I start cleaning up the kitchen while listening to some 90's one hit wonders.

I make myself some tea and Brendon a coffee before going into the office myself. He's sat at his desk, running his hand through his hair in frustration.

"You look a bit stressed." I remark, setting down the warm cup of coffee next to him.

He lowers his laptop screen when he hears me, which makes me roll my eyes

. "Yeah. Just some paperwork I need to do by tonight." He looks down at the coffee, before taking a long gulp of it, "Thanks, Em."

"Oh okay." I say, gently rubbing his shoulder in encouragement. I take a seat on the armchair next to him, doing some endless scrolling on my own laptop, and stalking profiles of old friends on Facebook.

"Do your remember Lily from high school?" I say.

"Yeah." He nods, eyes still focused on his screen.

"She's getting married next summer."

"What?"

"She just posted a photo of her engagement ring, and put in the caption 'next summer',"

"Who to, anyway?"

"Someone called Ryan..." I click on his profile. "Ross."

"What." He almost drops his cup of coffee.

"Uh... Ryan Ross. Why, do you know him?"

"No. It's just an old friend." He stutters, before getting back to his work.

Brendon types away on his laptop, completely focused. He's so concentrated his eyebrows are furrowed, and he's poking his tongue out slightly.

He sighs, rushing to his printer to get a few papers and puts them in an envelope neatly. He scribbles some writing on it, before throwing on a warm coat.

"I-I'll be back in a second. Just need to drop something off at Zack's" He stutters, stumbling through the door without letting me speak.

I shrug my shoulders, trusting him enough not to question him. He comes back shortly, with a smile on his face.

"Movie night?" He asks me, pecking my lips.

"Always." I laugh, kissing him passionately.