fourty eight

"Our flight is boarding in five minutes." Brendon says, not making eye contact with me.

"Are you mad at me?"

"No."

"I'm sorry for being anxious and everything, it's just my mom isn't a very understanding person-"

"No. It's fine, Em. Stop worrying."

He was right. I've been rambling on and on about my problems for the past hour, I should give it a rest. But that's pretty hard when you're in my mind - all I can think of is the negative things. I haven't even thought that this was the first time I'm going to see my mom in weeks, but only what's she going to think of me and Brendon.

I shake my head, letting out an audible sigh. 

"Em." Brendon says, taking my hand in his. "Calm down."

I hadn't even noticed my unsteady breathing when I was deep in my thoughts. "Sorry."

"It's okay. Do you want to talk about it? What's worrying you so much?"

"The last time I was in a relationship my mom never let me see him again because he was three years old than me." I say quietly. "And well... yeah."

"You're 18 now, Em. She doesn't have control of your life anymore."

"Yeah, and? She's still gonna be disappointed in me, and that's gonna be a nightmare."

"It'll be okay. If she doesn't like my age, or my job, or whatever the fuck is wrong with me, I'll always love you. Happiness is what should matter the most, anyway, just tell her that."

The ends of his lips curve, turning into a toothy grin. "I really love you, Emma. If you really think I'm going to let everything go wrong, you're lying to yourself. I'll always find a way to make it right."

He leans in, his lips gently placing themselves on mine. He gives me a long, passionate kiss, cupping my cheek. Even though people around us began staring, we don't seem to care, because right now, it's just us two, no one else.

We pull away at the sudden calling of our flight, gazing into each other's eyes for another few seconds.

"Everything will be okay."

-
Sorry this is really short, but the next few chapters should be longer. Also, Happy New Year!
I'm a bit late, but that's because I've had no wifi for the past few days. Hope you guys had a great new year!
- M ❤️