twenty

"Oh God..."

"I'm sorry, I just found out yesterday. I-"

"You can't be moving to Florida. Fuck, what am I going to do without you?"

"Brendon, please calm down. I really want to make this work, but with this change, I don't know if I can."

"Fuck." He simply says, running his hands through his hair in frustration.

"You can't be serious- you don't need me to live on happily Brendon! You're life was so much better when I wasn't in it." I argue, raising my voice and arms.

"It fucking wasn't, believe me."

"It fucking wasn't? Brendon, what could possibly be worse than having a illegal relationship with your student." I say, slightly tearful.

"Emma, stop. Truth is, you don't know shit about my past. I was fucking messed up, before you came up in my life."

"Before I came into your life? Brendon, that was 4 weeks ago!" I retort, a feeling of dread and stress in my chest.

"Emma, I don't want to have this argument here!" Brendon yells.

"Oh god.." I say, gripping the desk as I feel anxiety taking over my entire body.

I can't move to Florida. My entire life and future is here - I've made so many memories here that define me as a person and I can't just leave them all behind. I can't do this. I can't fucking do this.

"I'm sorry..." I whimper, and Brendon finally realises my uncomfortable state and immediately takes me into his arms. "Em, it's okay. Just breathe in, breathe out, okay? Just breathe in time with me."

Brendon holds me tightly as he inhales, and I let out a shaky breath and follow his actions, exhaling when he does too. He calms me down quickly, tracing small circles on my back. I tuck my face under his chin once I've calmed down, and he plants a small kiss on my head.

"I'm sorry." I say weakly.

"No- I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said any of that."

"I don't know what I'm going to do." I pull away, frowning and looking away from his eyes.

"It'll be okay, I promise."

"How can you promise something like that Brendon?"

"Because I know you. You're so strong and you can get through anything."

I sigh, folding my arms and staring down at the floor, "I should get going to my next class."

"Yeah, okay. Just... try to be happy okay?"

I nod and give him a small smile, gathering my things and leaving. "I'll see you later, B."

-
WAIT WHAT I GOT 2K READS FAM ILY
WHY DOES ANYONE READ THIS ITS SHIT
- M