/33/

/Quinn/

His move is unexpected and I'm on the floor in a second. I release a battle cry and shove him off with all my strength, making sure to slice him while I'm there.

As I stand up, I look him in the eye. "How could you have killed Zak? I already did the job."

He goes to punch me and I block him, grabbing his arm and turning it to an unnatural angle.

"Because. He wasn't dead. Those bullets. Those bullets were normal. Bullets."

He keeps stopping through his sentences, gasping for breath each time. I smirk and just before I think I've won, he turns impossibly quick and kicks my arm away, making sure to crush my bones with his boots.

Screaming in pain, I cradle my arm for about a second before attempting to kick his shin. But he's got the upper hand now. He's healed and I haven't.

The knife is in his hand and his eyes glint with insanity. "He killed my mate. Now I get to kill his."

The knife is painfully dragged across my normal arm, my blood dripping onto my pyjamas.

He does the same to my normal arm and then brings the knife to my face, cleaning the blood on my cheeks.

"These soft cheeks. See this scar here?"

He points to the one starting at his eye and finishing at the bottom of his lip.

"I got this one from trying to stop him killing my sister. My sister."

I gulp in the scream threatening to come out as he pulls the knife slowly down my cheek, imitating his own scar on my cheek.

"And now, I'm going to kill you exactly how I please. But I'm not going to kill you easily. You're coming with me."

The knife's handle is the last thing I see, smashed straight into my skull, causing me to faint.

/Silas/

/Silas/

Me and Alpha Bennett caught her scent a while ago.

We have been trailing after it ever since. I shift into my wolf, my legs aching from all the walking.

Every sense is heightened and it seems just as that happens, I hear a scream.

Her voice echoes into my ears and I snap my head towards that directions, sprinting off. I'm sure Bennett will find his own way here.

Her scent becomes stronger and stronger the closer I get but so dos the stench of a rogue and the smell of blood. Her blood.

I try to run faster, but the exhaustion of walking around for so long gets to me and I slow down instead, pain shooting through my legs.

I needed food. But I needed my mate more.

I push and push and push until I see a river. The scent has kind of disappeared, so I'm guessing she's on the other side.

I don't let myself relax into the water, I pound through it, splashes flying everywhere.

A man is stood there, holding my mate in his arms.

There's blood all over and the blood isn't his, it's hers.

"Remember me Alpha? Remember me?"

I shake my head. I don't remember him. I don't remember him at all.

He laughs and laughs for about a minute, stopping and staring me in the eye. "Of course you don't remember me. After all, I was just one of your useless kills. You killed my mate and my family and then forgot me? The only one you left alive? That is not fair."

He drops my mate carelessly on the floor and I growl loudly.

I bark multiple times but he just laughs. "How about we fight? If I win, I kill you and your mate. If you win, you get to kill me?"

My wolf snarls, agreeing. He wants to take my Alpha position, but I won't let him.

He shifts into his wolf, a brown wolf. It's build is similar to mine and he's the same size. The only difference is, he's not exhausted. I am.

He's on me in a second, clawing me from left right and centre. I try to switch us so I'm onto but I can't as he ruthlessly claws me.

I stop his paw and twist it onto the floor, so his wolf is in the floor. I limo to him and claw him as well, not as much as he has.

My wolf howls for Alpha Bennett, but the other wolf is onto me in a second and he claws me, this time deep in the stomach.

I'm stuck, on the floor. I shift painfully and curl up in myself, trying to ignore the blood endlessly running from my stomach.

I hear my mate stir and a pair of paws pound on the floor, indicating the arrival of Alpha Bennett. But it's too late.

My eyes droop and I look at my mate hovering over me, her tears a constant flow.

"Please don't go! Please..."

She takes a deep breath in and kisses me on the lips, electricity zooming through my body, momentarily distracting me from the wound.

"You can't leave now... I love you."

She clings onto me, my blood seeping through my top on her body.

I cough up blood and awkwardly get out my words. I know they're going to be my last. "I. L-love. You. Too."

Everything stops.

Slightly shorter chapter but I wanted to end it here because I think it's a good point to end it.

I don't really want to write a big author's note because I feel like I've just lost someone and I wanna go cry in a corner right now.

Silas is dead.