/8/

Chapter 8

'Good food is
all the sweeter
with good
friends.'

I gulp, frightened of the possessive man stood above me, caging me in with his bulky arms

I gulp, frightened of the possessive man stood above me, caging me in with his bulky arms. I feel trapped, a prisoner, a play thing.

But the temptation, it's so strong. Like walking past a delicious chocolate cake and smelling the fresh smell of the cake reach your nostrils whilst your starving.

It's like seeing a load of money when you're poor, finding the means to fix your life. To fix your problems.

That's how it feels, to be in his arms. A piece of a puzzle, clicked back into place, completing the puzzle.

He stares down at me and starts to kiss my jawline.

Sucking in a deep breath, I shut my eyes and we somehow end up on the comfortable bed.

The soft mattress bounces when we land softly on it and I feel the fluffy blanket cushion my landing.

He pins my arms above my head and I stare deep into his mysterious eyes, thinking. What is he thinking? What could he do to me? Where is this leading?

His hands slip on my bare skin and I feel tingles, little shoots of electricity, zap up my body. His cold hands warm up on my blazing hot skin.

The towel slowly slips further down and I don't stop it, hypnotised.

"Alpha!"

I jump at the voice, running to the bathroom with my clothes. I hear a groan behind me and I wipe the sweat on my face, missing the touch of his body on mine.

"Whatever you've come for better be important." A door slams, shaking the whole room. A shiver runs down my spine as I think of what could've happened. I let it go far. And I wasn't stopping him.

I could've been marked. We could've been mated.

I guess that guy saved me. Saved me from him.

Stepping back into the bedroom, I open the door. Surprisingly, it opens, allowing me to run down the stairs and jog into the kitchen.

I grin at the familiar faces of a Rhea and Isla, trying to forget of the moment I just shared with my mate.

"Where have you been girl? I was gonna make you tea but you didn't even come!"

I grab the fresh tea that she makes for me, gulping it down greedily. "A certain someone locked me in his room. He did exactly what I thought he would! This is why I don't want to be here! But he forgot to lock the door so I guess I'm lucky. I snuck out. Easy."

Rhea grabs a biscuit, stuffing her face scruffily before grabbing a tissue and wiping off the crumbs.

Isla taps my shoulder, motioning me to lean closer to her. I raise my eyebrow but oblige, shuffling closer to her.