/28/

Chapter 28

'She-wolf
who brought me
to my knees. What
do you see
in those yellow
eyes?'

The walk back to our temporary rooms is quiet and awkward, only the odd comment being exchanged

The walk back to our temporary rooms is quiet and awkward, only the odd comment being exchanged. I know why I'm quiet, and they must be too for the same reason.

Silas stops in front of Jax's room and pats him on the back. "Meet me outside tomorrow. For now, call your mate or family and do whatever you need to do."

He nods and smiles, grateful. He shuts the door softly behind him and Silas turn to me, urging me to put my hand in his.

Raising my eyebrow, I cautiously slip my hand into his and attempt to ignore the electrifying jolts up my arm.

I have to remember that this is the guy that killed my child, that killed my parents.

Gulping, I follow his lead. "Where are we going?"

He turns back whilst walking at a fast pace. "My parents used to come here a lot, discussing plans and stuff with the previous Alpha King and Queen. I got bored as a kid and ventured out. There's a lot of beautiful places here, I wanted to show them to someone just as beautiful."

How cringey does he want to be?

I stay silent and gasp at the beauty, the long tunnel curving into the unknown.

The green stretches around, entwining itself around the beautiful tunnel, making the end seem like a mystery, so far.

I feel lost, but happily lost. A feeling I haven't felt for a while. I feel like a mouse, cowering in the tunnel of nature, unable to actually bring myself to admire the beauty.

He smiles at me and grins knowingly

He smiles at me and grins knowingly. "Wait until you see what's on the other side."

I agonisingly take my eyes of the looming trees and continue my follow. I take a deep breath and smell the calming smell of nature surround me, both from my mate and the tunnel.