/29/

Chapter 29

'I just wanna
keep calling
your name
'til you come
back home'

'I just wanna keep callingyour name'til you come back home'

That night's sleep is very much awkward. I don't want to move any close to Silas than I have to. I do want my emotions to cling onto me, to make me a desperate mate.

I don't know why Fate is being so mean. What have I ever done to deserve this? Why couldn't it be someone who's prepared to have an Alpha as their mate? Why couldn't it be one of Silas' many fans?

I shake the thoughts of my head and reach for the cover, pulling it off my body. The skimpy, red nightgown clings to my body desperately and I groan, grabbing one of Silas' tops to cover me. I wear his shorts as well, sick of the air wafting up the nightgown.

The door opens silently and I creep out of the bedroom, ready to intake a bit of water. I was thirsty for so much more but it's not going to happen. I will make sure it won't happen.

The hallway seems to stretch for so long. Shadows look from random angles, placing horrific images in my already terrified mind. If there's one thing I hate, it's the dark. Especially because that's when they stole my parents.

My head snaps back at the quietest of noise, amplified by the silence. Everything seems so much louder in the black abyss that is the night.

I tip toe down the stairs, practically sprinting to the kitchen.

The golden door appears and I open it, glad to see the kitchen stood in all its glory. I pour in some water and sigh as it slides down my throat, calming the rough feeling.

I put the cup away afterwards and start to make my way back, when a voice stops me.

"Alpha Silas' mate, all on her own. Hmm... I wonder what I could do with her? After all, he stole my territory, it's time I stole something of his."

Zak's voice sends shivers down my spine, causing me to freeze in paralysis. What do I say? What do I do?

I feel his presence come close and closer to my body and as soon as he's close enough, I punch him in the face.

The smell of blood fills the kitchen and Raven comes out, making me run up the stairs. We are in that much of a hurry, that Raven accidentally causes em to trip over a step. She whimper and pushes herself up, running up the last few steps.

Steps pound behind us and Raven pushes for more energy, begging to get to her mate.

"Stop!" His patronising voice growls behind me and he reaches for me, his nails extended causing my skin to break and my own blood to leak.