/13/

Chapter 13

'The pain you
feel today,
will be the strength
you feel
tomorrow.'

I trail behind Lea, careful not to hurt my back

I trail behind Lea, careful not to hurt my back. It's awkward because normal pack members live in this part of the pack house. They all watched.

She stops in front of a door, giving me a key. "Okay, I'm acting like I'm not excited, but I totally am, so don't mind me if I scream."

I quirk an eyebrow but shrug and follow her in. Straight away I see another door. I go to it, slowly opening the handle.

And what do I see? I see Lea's room. Of course. She put me right next to her.

"So this was my big sister's room before she found her mate and left. I can always come over and we can have sleepovers and you can save me from my Mom and I can hide form her in here.... This will be the best!"

"Wait a second... Why do I have to hide you from your Mom?"

Her face pales and she looks around, quickly I copy jumping into the closet.

"Be quite! And because I might have got a little bit excited when someone told me that Dead-pool 2 was coming out. And I might have accidentally waved my arms a bit too much and broke her vase that she got from her grandmother."

I roll my eyes and settle myself carefully on the bed. "Ow!"

She flinches, by my side in a second.

"You should be my mate. He should be the one right by my side as soon as I even wince. It's not fair! I-it's not f-fair."

My cheeks heat up and I know by the salty wetness on my lips that I'm crying. I'm crying over my mate. Because he's such a jerk. Because he couldn't stop his pack from hurting me and on top of it, he doesn't come to help.

This is not going to be a perfect story. This is not going to be mate meets, mate abuses mate and then mate falls in love with mate and has a child.

No. How am I going to fall in love with that man. If I can even call him that.

I run to the toilet, all of yesterday's food coming back up. Lea's hand quickly fiddle and grab all of my hair and I vomit more than 2 times, sitting on the toilet seat after I'm done.

Lea hands me mouthwash and I rinse the disgusting taste out of my mouth.

My chest feels heavy and I freak. "What's going on? Why am I sick? Am I dying? Is it because he's rejecting the mate bond? Lea!"