/18/

Chapter 18

'When life gets
tough, put on
your boxing
gloves.'

We approach the training field and all I can see is men

We approach the training field and all I can see is men. Where the hell are the females?

The fields are filled with man after man all doing high knees on the spot and copying Silas, who is doing the same in front of them.

I lean near Lea. "Where are all the girls?"

She laughs and carries on walking. "Well, the girls have a different time to train and this is the warrior training. For example if you want to be a warrior or you are a warrior or you just want the basic skill of a warrior you come here."

"Damn it Lea! You could've just told me girls training is a different time!"

She stops and turns, determined. "No! Because this pack is too old in the way they think and that's why we see no girls. No one wants to become a warrior because it's a 'manly' job! I'm going to break it! And you guys will break it with me."

She storms off ahead, eager to be part of the training. I look at her back, then look at Rhea and Isla and then back at her back.

"Wait. I thought she was the lazy one?"

Rhea huffs and trudges behind her. "Obviously not."

When we get to the field, everyone stops what they're doing

When we get to the field, everyone stops what they're doing. Literally everyone. I feel all the males look at us four girls and I see Isla blush.

I follow her eyes and see the Beta staring straight at her. Aww.

Lea grabs my hand and pulls me towards Silas. I groan and clench my jaw. "Why are you taking me to him?"

"Because he's the one we have to go to if we wanna join!"

She stops right in front of him and cleans the imaginary dust off of herself.