/22/

Chapter 22

'Sorry if
it's hard
to catch
my vibe'

I exhale in agony, missing the safe and secure feel of my mate

I exhale in agony, missing the safe and secure feel of my mate. Of course he was horrible and the worst mate possible, I won't deny it. But he's made for me. In every way possible. Every curve i have fits perfectly with his muscular body and every emotion I release is counteracted by his own.

We are matched with perfection by the Moon Goddess. And we have been matched for a reason.

The further I travel, the more my gut twist sickeningly in my body and the more my mind conjures up horrific images.

Every step away from the pack house is one step closer to insanity.

Mother Nature plays tricks with me, making twigs snap form left right and centre and making my hopes high, falling as soon as I realise it's the malicious wind.

Finally, before my wolf loses all hope, I smell his tantalizing smell faintly, lurking in the distance. His nature-filled smell fills my nose the more I walk towards it and I smile, knowing that I've found him.

As I arrive to the scene, I see multiple dead bodies everywhere, some human and some werewolf.

Crimson blood occupies the ground, covering the once clean mud beneath. A frog makes it's way to my throat as I see him, lying amidst the rest of the bodies, breathing slow.

He slowly moves his head my way, locking his luscious eyes with my own. Forest to Earth.

I bite back the scream threatening to release itself form my clutches. gulping slowly, i rub my face, kneeling beside him.

"Silas?"

A gracious smile makes its way across his face as he grabs my small hand it in his large one. The familiar sparks erupt and make their way from my hands to my heart.

Blinking rapidly, he opens his dry, chapped lips, ready to speak.

"Quinn."

He says my name with his husky voice and the one word has shivers down my spine. I'm startled by his booming laughter.

"I love the way you react to me. You're going to be a great Luna."

I stay quiet, speechless. What do I say? Our relationship is far from the best so what do I do? He killed my child but I'd die without him. I know that much.

"I love you. And I can't wait to meet our child. I know you can take care of the Pack. Don't let anyone take the Pack from you. Fight for it, like I should've fought for you. I know you probably don't love me as much as I love you but just listen. You were my mate, you are my mate. My weakness. Which is exactly why I pushed you away. And I'm too pathetic to realise that you are strong enough to defend yourself. I'm too much of a fuc*er to realise that until now, when I'm about to die. I just wanted you to know that."