/30/

Chapter 30

'The map
that leads to you.
Ain't nothing
I can do.
Following, following,
following'

The pain in my leg has totally gone

The pain in my leg has totally gone. But even if it was there, my mind wouldn't be focusing on that. No. It would be focusing on the beautiful face of my mate.

It would be focusing on the imperfect scars on her back that make her so much more perfect. I knew that one day one person would break down my walls and from the moment I saw her, I knew it would be her.

But I didn't want that. I wanted to control her, to restrict her from the rest of the world and only let her be mine. My mate, no one else's.

I'm such a fuc*er. I'm the one to blame and only me.

I wish I could turn back time to fix all of my mistakes. The only thing that was on my mind in the past was my pack.

My pack before all. Even my own life.

Now, now all I can think about is the way she enjoyed herself so much at my secret lace. How she forgot about the world for a second and I was the one who brought her that happiness.

The problem is, she doesn't love me. She might not forever. I killed our child.

What's an Alpha without his Luna?

I sigh and brush my hand through my black hair, groaning at the length. Everything's happened so quick that I haven't had time to shave or have a haircut.

I turn on my side and go to hug my mate, when my arm falls into air. I force my eyes open and sit up straight away, staring at the blank space beside me.

My wolf paces in my mind, anxious at the fact at her scent is very faint, as if she's gone from the castle.

I shove a top on and look at the silk nightgown on the floor. A top and a pair of shorts is missing from my clothes. She's taken them.

An image of my mate in my clothes causes my wolf to howl in lust, to force me to mark her.

I exhale deeply and make my way out of the room, each footstep loud. I'm down the stairs in seconds and the first place I look is the kitchen; her scent leads me there.

Where the fuc* is she?

A glass sits innocently in the sink and I pick it up, sniffing it. Her lips have touched this glass and that means she was definitely here.

I follow her scent further to the outdoors, until it suddenly stops.

No sign of her is anywhere and I spin on the spot, desperate to have even a sliver of hope or a smell of her scent. Just a glance of the beautiful auburn hair and dark brown eyes and I'll be happy. My wolf will be calm.