/1/

☡☡WAIT WAIT WAIT...BEFORE YOU GO FURTHER...got your attention. Well good! You see, I'm hosting a cover contest and I think it would be great for you to join! Go ahead, check it out! Go on...I know you want too! Shoo! Okay byeeee!☡☡

Chapter 1

'Running away
from problems
is a race
y

ou'll never win.'

Living a life of an Omega was bad enough

Living a life of an Omega was bad enough. Piling your Alpha as your mate on top was worse. And guess who had this dead-end fate? Me. Yes, Quinn Avery received the worse type of life you could ever dream of in your nightmares.

In truth, my life in The Eclipse pack was good. As an Omega, I had more privileges than the average Omega that I knew of in other packs. This was a thing I thought each omega received in our pack. Yes we would cook and clean for oh so many werewolves, but there was no physical abuse.

Our lives weren't chained to a master that we had to serve every moment of our life times. Things as gruesome as rape and as eye-opening as abuse were not common to me and my friends, at least that's what we thought. Naturally, we would be eating after the average wolf would as we were lower ranking but the happiness floating around the room and the smell of fresh food being cooked by whoever was nominated that week was the best feeling in the world. I remember the reflection of the moon piercing against the window and the amazing feeling of the night air brushing against my skin as me and my friends would sink our teeth into juicy burgers.

So why leave people I love and my pack life which was actually great? Because of my mate: Alpha Silas.

All these privileges, these positive things our pack gave us didn't mean we were anywhere near an Alpha in the hierarchy. We were still at the bottom, the servants, the nobodies.

And Alpha Silas...Alpha Silas. A ruthless murderer, known to have no emotions. An emotionless monster.

And me? A puny Omega as his mate? Never. I'm not about to risk my life, risk those around me to mate with an Alpha like him.

How do I know he's my mate and he doesn't know I'm his? Well, me and my Omega friends (a few girls and boys) were washing the dishes when he walked past, another Alpha with him.

I remember smelling the most amazing smell of Nature at it's finest and I know he smelt something too. Because he looked. He looked in the kitchen, but because every Omega could sense him, we were all looking at him.

He continued walking, obviously in a heated discussion with the other Alpha and we kept washing. He kept walking away from his fate, from me. I knew it was him and he didn't.

That's when I decided. It was time to leave. To leave my average, comfortable life for the woods, to get away from such an Alpha.

That very night, I remember running to my small attic room and packing everything in a bag I'd stolen from the Beta. I remember chucking in random things and necessities and changing into something more suitable for exercise.