/24/

Chapter 24

'Sticks and
stones may break
my bones but
words hurt
the most'

'Sticks and stones may breakmy bones butwords hurtthe most'

I suck in a breath and stare hard at it, confused. Lifting up my head, I see everyone staring at me like I stare at the envelope. Eyes burn into my should and questions roam around even though everyone is silent.

The boy has gone long ago but the envelope still sits unread in my hand. One person seems to gather up enough courage because a shout is heard from the back.

"What is it?"

As soon as his booming voice is heard, it triggers everyone to start asking everything else.

"Wasn't that the Royal stamp I saw?"

"Who's the kid?"

"I'm hungry! Can I go?!"

"Open the damn envelope!"

Inhaling deeply, I glare at everyone, silencing those at the front. People at the back carry on shouting random statements and firing question after question.

"SILENCE!"

The place ends up eerily quiet yet again. No sound. Glaring even more intensely than before, I hop off the table and push my way through the crowd of werewolves.

The last few people are left behind and I run, heading straight towards the hospital. The small envelope lays like a heavy package in my pocket and I pat it, conclusion that it's there.

I will not be the one who opens it.

Silas raises an eyebrow and shrugs his shoulders like a school boy, grabbing the envelope out of my weary palms

"I don't know what the Alpha Queen wants with me."

He shrugs his shoulders again and slowly plucks the top of it off, revealing a red card inside.

He eyes scan quickly over the words and he passes it t me, silent in thought.