/10/

Chapter 9

'The best thing
about memories
is making
them.'

The following night I sat in bed and just rocked forward and backward

The following night I sat in bed and just rocked forward and backward. Silas didn't even bother coming to check on me, already going against my dream.

The sad thing is, I don't even know his last name. I don't know the name I'll take.

I sigh, pushing my hand into my dark ginger hair. I close my eyes, resting them. It's so stressful having someone like Silas as a mate. I wish had the dream ending, with the Alpha wrapped around my finger. But how can I get that when 'I don't have a say' in anything?

Sometimes I wish I could just ask Fate why? Why he had to pair me with such a lunatic. I'm sure the Moon Goddess and Fate have gone wrong somewhere.

I push myself of the bed, my stomach grumbling because of the lack of breakfast. I open the door, walking down the long corridor on my own.

The doors loom over me and I giggle at some of the conversations I can hear.

"But I want the cookie Mom! I literally cleaned the room in front of your eyes yesterday! Why are you depriving me from human rights?"

"First of all Lea, you aren't a human. And second of all, what idiot has a cookie in the morning? Have some breakfast downstairs!"

"URGH!"

Personally, it sounds like a conversation with my mother. My mom...

"Well I guess I could delay some food for you..."

"I am hungry darling..."

I cringe slightly, running away from the inappropriate conversation. At least they distracted me from someone who left a long time ago.

The smell of pancakes and chocolate fills my nose and I swear, heaven just came to the pack house kitchen.

If I don't stop, I'll probably end up drooling.

I walk in to see a load of people. Everything goes quiet when I enter the room and I roll my eyes, motioning for everyone to continue their conversations.

The door behind me opens loudly and an angry teenager comes in, looking upset. Cookie girl.

"Stupid breakfast. Stupid Mom. Stupid beautiful and delicious cookie. Urgh."

I grin at her words and turn to her. "I totally agree by the way. Being promised a cookie and then not being able to have it is being deprived."