/15/

Chapter 15
'Hearts will
never be made
practical until they're
made unbreakable.'

I shake my legs, getting ready for the shift

I shake my legs, getting ready for the shift. When it happens, I feel my wounds sting but I ignore it, determined to let my wolf free.

I've been avoiding the Alpha as much as I can, especially because Rhea, Lea and Isla keep pulling the crappiest pranks I've ever seen in my life and insulting him.

The trees whiz past me and memories of running in the wild free of any mate calm me, filling my mind.

My stomach grumbles from the lack of food and my wolf spots a deer, ready to pounce.
I haven't have food for so long because of the thought of my baby. Images of my life being okay keep invading my mind and I end up vomiting, not being able to handle the stress.

My wolf wants me to eat. She's determined to get her goals

The sounds of leaves rustling distract me from my ultimate goal: the deer. I smell him. The luring smell of nature at its finest surrounds me and I know I need to leave.

"Going so soon?"

His deep voice, patronising. And that's when I know, I'm in trouble. Time to run.

"Don't go! Just...hear me out."

I growl, ready to defend myself if needed. Why does he think he can come and talk to me after all he's done? I'm surprised with myself that I haven't left.

He gives my wolf some clothes and my wolf bites them in between her mouth, making sure to bite his hand at the same time.

I shift behind the tree and slip the clothes on, pulling down the top over my half healed scars.

Stepping out, I give him the biggest death glare.

I ignore him, leaning against a tree and sliding down. I close my eyes, finally getting a moment to think about other things.

"I didn't know that you were pregnant otherwise I would've-"

I cut him off, annoyed. "You would've what? Put me before your pack because I could potentially have your heir?"

He exhales loudly, as if I'm the one who whipped him 25 times and killed his baby.

"I'm sorry that I was so bad that I wanted to see who you loved more! I'm sorry that my mate killed my baby! I'm sorry that I was your mate in the first place!"