Chapter Twenty-Four

In the morning, the morning routine was usual, wake up and have breakfast. Mara was very tired, she was up very late last night, she was used to staying up late and sleeping a little. She won't be tired for long and all day.

James did say she would train with him again today if they have enough free time, Slightly hadn't said a word since he woke up, Tootles was sharing a nice dream he had last night about flying and Curly was yawning while listening to Tootles and playing with his own blonde curls before plucking a strand of hair then flicked it off of his finger.

The camp seems smaller in daytime, looking above at the sky you'd able to tell if it's cloudy or clear, it was cloudy, barely any blue sky spots, it looked it was going to rain today but Mara wasn't sure yet. Today's weather wasn't on her mind but the question of what today will bring. Surprisingly, she wasn't nervous of what happens today, she was careless as the Lost Boys, let Pan surprise them and what he has for them to do.

It was only day six, she needed to stop counting days of being in Neverland, counting days will become twenty, fifty, a hundred and maybe thousand. She'll lose count when she reaches over fifty days probably or when she start counting months and years.

"How many days have you been here, James?" Mara turned to her friend.

"I don't know" James shrugged, "I've been here for a year and seven months"

Days won't matter soon. She wanted to ask Slightly how long he's been on the island since he's one of Pan's first Lost Boys, but the boy talks when he wants to, and he'll probably won't answer.

It's like when she lost count of days from the day she lost her father until over a year had passed while she was living with her father's friend.

"We're playing a game today!" announced Pan loudly.

Mara sighed, hoping she won't come across another restricted land and get herself almost killed again.

"The game is more of a survival and hunt game"

"Oh no here we go" Mara heard Tootles mumbling and had worried look on his face. His unpleasant reaction hinted the game won't be fun and easy. This must be the first time she seen the clumsy Lost Boy looking as worried like this.

"Only one will play the role of hunters and the rest of you will be the prey" Pan explained.

Mara leaned closely to James then whispered, "Is this an actual real hunt like they'll literally kill us?"

James scoffed, "Of course not, we're not that cold hearted to kill our own mates"

A little relief but playing the role as the prey was a bit scary and she prayed that she and her tentmates will play the role of hunters.

"You know there are traps out there which I set up while you were all asleep, only the hunters will know of the whereabouts" Pan went on as he circled around the burn out bonfire, "first group to get caught are the unfortunate"

"I hope we get lucky" Curly muttered, "James, you better save us"

"Shut up" James hushed.

Pan grabbed a small bag from his seat and went over one of the tables on the left side where the food usually awaits. He had placed five rocks on the table in a line before turning to everyone. "Guiders, you may" he gestured at the rocks.

That's when James moved forward to the table, one boy from each group; Felix, Thomas, Ace and one of the Twins. Ace was the first to reach for one of the stones then went back to his group without looking at the stone in his hand. James did the same, neither of them looked at the stones as they all stood with their tentmates until Pan told them so.