She lay on her back as Hamdan released the velcro bands that kept the splint in place. He took the whole thing off and she lifted her head to get a look. Her foot still looked like a loaf of bread with toes, despite Hamdan claiming that it was a bit better. Her index toe was wrapped around with the middle one to help heal the fracture. She tried to remember the name of the other bones broken and failed miserably. All she could recall about that, is how relieved she was when the doctor said no surgery was necessary. Hamdan offered to put some ice on it and went on to get a pack that he placed on the swollen foot.

"I need a shower," Sarah confessed, enjoying the cool sensation of the ice.

"You really do," he joked, standing next to her.

She went on to slap his arm but he dodged it easily. "Shut up!"

"I think a bath would be easier," he advised.

Sarah pondered on the idea, imagining the impossible task of washing her hair while standing on one foot. "I guess you're right..."

"I'm sorry, what?" Hamdan leaned his ear closer.

"What?" She wondered skeptically, as she did not believe he did not hear her.

"Nothing," he shrugged, standing straight again. "That's two times today, I'm on a roll."

She laughed, admitting to herself that he did seem to always be right, but that was something she would never say out loud.

"Bubbles?" He offered, walking to the bathroom

"Yes! Extra bubbles, please!"

Who needs a nurse when you have Prince Charming?

And just as Prince Charming would do, he came back and carried her in his strong arms to the bathroom. He put her down on the white ottoman chair that she noticed had been moved closer to the bathtub with the water still running.

Kneeling in front of her, he scratched his beard. "Do you want to squeeze your foot through your leggings?"

"No!" She claimed, elongating the o. "Do you have scissors? Just cut them."

He went through a couple of drawers before coming back with a pair of scissors. Making a small cut at the bottom, he proceeded to rip the fabric apart with his hands. Once he got to the waistband, he handed her the scissors over and she finished the job, releasing her right leg completely.

Hamdan pulled her leggings off the other leg and went to check on the water. Sarah removed the black long-sleeved t-shirt and sports bra and suddenly felt very self-conscious. Crossing her legs and the arms over her chest, her eyes dropped to the floor to keep Hamdan from seeing her blushing. His bare feet came into sight, he was standing in front of her.

He kneeled down again, his hands on the ottoman chair on each of her sides. "I have seen you naked before, you know?"

It was helpless, she was sure her face was looking like a ripe tomato. "I know! But we were having sex and this different."

He was holding back a smile. "Well, if that's what it takes to make you comfortable... I can take one for the team."

She laughed and rested her forehead on his shoulder. Breathing in to put herself together, she straightened up and planted a kiss on his lips. "No, just help me up."

He did and she immediately cut him off when he offered to help with the rest of her underwear. Having to hold onto Hamdan's forearm she had no choice but to push down her panties with the other hand. When the fabric slid down her legs, her arm went back to cover her breasts. Perhaps the nurse idea was not so bad after all.