48 - Trying To Move On

Start from the beginning

After that, I haven't heard from him. Days have past but still nothing. I decided to give up talking to him and went on with my life until one day...

"Sorry I haven't replied in so long. Turns out, my gf fell for someone else. We broke up recently."

I decided to be a good person and reply to him. I understand what he's going through anyway. Times like this, you need someone to talk to and comfort you.

"Oh... I'm sorry. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I guess it wasn't fair for her either since I'm still kind of hung up on my ex... Anyway, can we meet up?"

"Okay. How about at the gym tomorrow at five, maybe?"

The next day, I went straight to the library just to see his reply.

"Perfect :)"

The day went by slowly as I focused on the clock, waiting for it to strike 5. Once we were dismissed, I head over to the gym and sat by the stage. Then I saw him...

"Y/n?" The brunette asked, walking over to me. "Hey. How are you?"

"Would've been better if I didn't see you." I muttered.

His face fell once the words left my mouth. One look at his expression was enough for me to scoff, rolling my eyes at him. He scratched the back of his neck before sitting down beside me, being good enough to leave space between us.

"Were you waiting for someone?" He asked.

"Yeah..."

"Are you, by any chance, the one writing on the table in the library?"

I looked at him in utter shock. Please tell me he's not the one. He must have read my mind since he pulled out a marker from his bag as well as a notebook and wrote something down.

"I'm sorry"

"Sorry?! After four fucking years, now's the time you apologize to me?!" I spat at him.

"Y/n-"

"No, Shawn. Don't fucking tell me it was a mistake! I'm done with all the cliché excuses!"

"I did it for a reason, okay? Please just hear me out."

"Then what is it?!"

He took a deep breath in before looking down at his lap. "I never cheated on you. I messed my own hair up and put shitty ass lipstick on my hand before pressing it on my collar. I just... I wanted you to hate me."

"Why would you want me to hate you?" I asked, not even bothering to hide the cracks in my voice.

"I was leaving for tour. I didn't want you to worry about me nor pull you into a life full of drama. I didn't want you to be sucked into the so-called famous life and deal with the hate and the rumors. All I did, I did it to protect you.

"I thought that maybe if I hurt you, you would hate me and make it easier for you to forget me. I didn't realize I was hurting both of us. I tried to fix it but I saw you with another guy..."

"Shawn, what are you talking about? There was no other guy during the time of our break up unless..."

"Unless what?"

"Unless you saw me with my cousin, Mark. He visited us at the time."

"Oh..."

I couldn't help but giggle through the tears as he realized his mistake. He looked over at me and laughed at himself as well. He moved closer to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"I hate this. I hate how I couldn't get over you and when I was so close to moving on, it turns out I was falling for the same person all over again." I said, shaking my head.

"It's fate, my dear y/n." He said, laughing at my comment. "This may be a long shot but will you please give me another chance?"

I only nodded at him, not trusting my own voice to speak. He smiled before pressing his lips onto mine. I let myself completely melt into it like I used to before.

"I still love you." He muttered against my lips.

"I still love you too."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
A/N: I'm not really sure with this imagine but I only felt like writing this for no particular reason. I based this off from Marcelo Santos III's Para Sa Hopeless Romantic  (For The Hopeless Romantic) since I was watching it just the other day. Nikko and Becca's love story is a bit cliché but who doesn't love clichés? 😂 Marcelo's my idol when it comes to these things.

Vote/Share/Suggest

♪☁ A ☁♪ going offline

Shawn Mendes ImaginesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara