The universe didn't revolve around her and she had no control over what happened.

Still, she did not immediately approach Alyssa when Alyssa needed her the most because she felt guilty and insecure. She did not want to be the one Alyssa turned to in place of the love Alyssa had lost.

When she did, she approached Alyssa with their friends. She was there for Alyssa as a friend. Alyssa thanked her for that.

And then, Alyssa left.

Their story only began again when Alyssa came back.

-

Several rings on her doorbells startled her.

With a grunt, she stood up from her study table and decided to give a piece of her mind to whoever was disturbing her.

She wasn't expecting anyone. And her family and friends knew better than to mess with her when she has an upcoming exam.

"What-"

She stopped. She was frozen.

Her heart beat fast. Her breath hitched. Everything turned silent.

Alyssa, charming as ever, was standing in front of her with a sheepish smile.

It was unexpected and suddenly, there seemed to be a riot going on inside her stomach.

After 3 months in Brazil, Alyssa didn't come back to the Philippines. No one knew what she was up to or when she will be returning. Showing up 3 weeks after her supposed return in front of her doorstep was like a figment of imagination that she had to shake her head.

"Uhm, hi, Den," Alyssa greeted shyly. "I just got back yesterday and decided to pay you a visit. I brought doughnuts and sodas." Alyssa raised her arms to show the snacks. "Unless nakakaistorbo ako."

Her body moved on its own accord and welcomed Alyssa in.

She was still speechless. She didn't know how to talk to Alyssa. So they prepared the table in silence and ate the first few bites in silence.

She was the one to break it. She was curious.

"Napatagal ka ata sa Brazil," she started. "Na-enjoy mo?"

Alyssa smiled softly.

"Oo, masaya naman. But I didn't stay there after my contract."

That made her frown.

"I traveled across Europe on my own," Alyssa continued. "I wanted to find myself. Ginusto ko ring buuin ang sarili ko."

She saw the sadness and pain that still haunted Alyssa. She wanted to take it all away but she wasn't sure she could.

She asked instead, "Did you?"

"Did I find myself? Yes," Alyssa answered firmly. "Was I able to pick up all my broken pieces and fix myself to become whole again? As much as I could."