"Don't you have somewhere to be?" He inquired, afraid of the answer.

"No. Do you have the day off?"

He stood next to her and watched her fold the omelette in the pan. "I'm supposed to meet the guys at the beach house for lunch, but I can cancel..." He suggested.

"No, go," the spatula pointed at him. "See your friends. I have work to do in the afternoon and I'm going to bed early, because... uh-hum, I didn't get much sleep last night and I have to train early tomorrow."

"Okay... I'll let you work," he leaned against the counter and crossed his arms. "How's Princesa?"

"Good, but I'm not sure about the race. I'll be happy if she finishes it," she slid the omelette onto a plate and handed it over to him. "Coffee?"

"Yes, but first..." He put the plate down and took the bracelet out of his pocket. "I found this."

Sarah bit her lip

"May I?" Hamdan requested, holding the piece of jewelry up.

"Yes," she smiled, putting her arm out. "Wait!" She stopped him and started taking all of the bracelets off.

"What are you doing?"

She moved in closer when she was done. "That's the only one I want to wear now."

He smiled and locked it around her wrist. "Did you see the engraving?"

Sarah nodded. "Our initials and the date of the day we met."

She was looking down at it and he felt his heart teeming with love. It was one of those seldom moments he knew he would cherish forever. Like the instant he first got a glimpse of her, he remembered everything about that day; her clothes, her hair, how the sunlight made her eyes shine.

"The day everything changed," he recalled.

Her gaze traveled up to his, with a smirk she laced her arms around his neck and kissed him. "You're the sweetest," she whispered in his ear, making goosebumps erupt in his arms.

They settled on the living room and ate with Rooster next to them waiting for some food to fall on the carpet. Hamdan caved in into the dog's begging stare a couple of times, despite Sarah's protests. They both had a lot to share after not speaking for all those days, so when the food was over they stayed in place talking until Sarah's phone interrupted.

"I bet it's Tom," she said, standing up to retrieve the device from the kitchen. "He's been calling me a thousand times a day."

Sarah picked up and it seemed as if she was attempting to talk but kept getting cut off every time she tried to say something. She came back into the living room and rolled her eyes at Hamdan with the phone to her ear.

"Hey! Stop for a second!" She called. "Did you had a Red Bull for breakfast?"

Hamdan chuckled and proceeded to check his own phone, thinking that their call was going to take a while.

"You handle him," she urged, handing over her phone to Hamdan.

"What?" He asked without taking it.

Sarah threw the device on his lap. "I have to pee," she mouthed.

She whipped around and left. Hamdan looked down and could hear the rambling voice.

He picked it up hesitantly. "Hello?"

"Wait, what? Who— who is this?"

"Hamdan."

There was a loud gasp on the other side of the line. "Get out! Oh my god! For real? Where are you? What does this mean? Are you guys back together?"