Chapter 43

Louis's P.O.V.

I've been awake all night. I wonder where Sophie is. She hasn't come back yet from dinner. I glance over at the clock. It's 1:00 in the morning. Last time I checked, dinner doesn't take that long. I climb out of bed for the first time in a few days. I walk downstairs to grab a glass of water. Why hasn't Sophie called? I wonder what is taking her so long.

Sophie's P.O.V.

I told Niall that I wanted to wait until we got into the car to tell him. I didn't want to break down in front of the entire restaurant. We pay our bill and then walk outside to the car. Once we get in there, I sit down and take a deep breath.

"I'm waiting." Niall says impatiently.

"Fine. The father is..." I take a deep breath. I don't want to do this. But, I have to. I can't do this anymore.

"Is?"

"You." Tears stream down my face. I put my face in my hands as I sob.

"When we were seeing each other in August, you knew that I had a boyfriend. I wanted the satisfaction the Louis wouldn't give me. And once we did have sex, I knew that it was wrong. That's why I left without a goodbye. I knew about 2 weeks later that I was pregnant. I did what I had to do. I begged Louis to have sex with me so that I could say that the baby was his. I never wanted to hurt him. Or you. So, I kept it a secret. I never planned on telling anyone. How was I supposed to? I couldn't just say I cheated in him and wounded up pregnant." I look into his eyes with tears still running down my face. I see tears in his blue eyes and he quickly brings his hands to his face to try and stop them. He stays silent.

"But I swear. I will go to my grave saying that the baby is Louis's."

"You're going to lie? I want to see my first kid, Sophie. You can't just cut me out of their life." I see a tear run down his face.

"I can and I will."

"But this baby is mine. I'm the real father to that baby. The kid's entire life will be a lie. You willing to do that? And what about Louis? This will kill him."

"He will never know."

"Yes, he will. You have to tell him before the wedding."

"I CAN'T! OKAY? AM I SUPPOSE TO BE LIKE "OH HEY I CHEATED ON YOU AND YOU'RE REALLY NOT THE FATHER TO MY CHILD."?"I yell.

"WELL THAT'S BETTER THEN NEVER TELLING HIM!" He fires back. We sit in silence for a few minutes.

"If you won't tell him, I will." He threatens.

"No, Niall. Please don't!"

"Maybe not today but I will before the wedding and there is nothing that you can do to change my mind."

"Fine I'll tell him! But, not tonight. Only when I'm ready."

"Fine. But I'm not waiting any longer than 2 weeks."

"Fine." He starts the car and he drives me back to my house.

...

Once I get inside I go straight to bed. Louis is in there asleep so I climb in next to him. How will I tell him?

Louis's P.O.V.

I feel her climb into bed next to me. I want to yell at her and ask her where she was. But, I don't. Emma drifts into my mind and I can't get her out of my head. Before I know it, I fall asleep.