Chapter 26

Emma's P.O.V.

I storm out of my own house and begin to walk down the street. I wish that I would've grabbed a coat. It's freezing outside. I stuff my hands into my pant pockets, but it doesn't do any good. My thoughts begin to take over my mind. Who should I believe? Niall or Louis? Niall has always been there for me and seems to love me. I love Louis though, and my heart wants me to believe him. My mind and my heart both want different things.

Sophie's words cut right through me. She knew exactly how to hit me where it hurts. 6 months ago, I thought Sophie was the nicest person ever. But now, I hate her. Snow begins to fall and I shiver. I hate the cold. I am all out of tears. Every time I feel like I'm flying, I fall.

"Emma, please come home." I almost jump out of my skin and turn around to Louis.

"Louis! Don't do that!"

"What did I scare you?"

"No." Yes.

"Look, Em, I'm sorry. I know that you need time to think and I need to respect that." He pulls me into a hug.

"It's okay, Louis." I smile.

"Gosh Emma, you're so cold. Here, have my jacket." He offers. We walk home and it's about lunch time. We go into my house and I feel relieved. The warm air feels good against my cold skin.

"Okay, can you stay put so that I can make you lunch?" Louis asks with a smile.

"It depends. Can we kiss first?" I laugh and step closer to him.

"That can be arranged." He smirks and then presses his lips to mine. Louis was right before. He can make my problems go away or make it seem that way.

"Now sit down and let me make you lunch." He kisses my nose and walks into the kitchen. I love him so much, no matter how wrong it is.

Louis's P.O.V.

I put the grilled cheese sandwiches on a plate and head out of the kitchen. Okay, so I'm no master cook. I've been trying to make a decision on whether or not to tell Emma about Niall. That asshole. He just wants to take Emma's virginity. That dick. I need to tell her, but am I willing for him to tell Sophie that I have been seeing Emma.

"Aw, I love it." Emma kisses my cheek. I smile and sit down at the table with her.

"What's wrong with you?" She asks.

"Nothing. Why would you think that?" I take a bite of my grilled cheese sandwich.

"Because, by now, you would have bragged about how good you are at making grilled cheese." She laughs. She knows me too well.

"I was just thinking. Honest." I lie. It kills me to lie to her but I have to.

"You're lying. Is it that bad?" She looks concerned. Damn it.

"Don't look at me that way." I break our stare.

"Louis, you can tell me anything." Emma puts her hand on mine.

"Okay, fine."

"Spill the beans." She laughs.

"It's about Niall..." I begin.